rolecraft

Restarter issues.

Question

So i'm almost done with my server, got a few large bugs to iron out. One of them is the restarter, im not sure whats going on with that stupid thing but it just keeps ruining itself.

This is my code in the exile config, due to this one simply not working to begin with.

Spoiler
  // Autolocks server until its ready to accept players
  useAutoLock = 0;
  // Server will autoLock at that time before restart (minutes)
  restartAutoLock = 5;
  /*
   Number of hours and minutes of your restart period.
   Examples:
   {4, 0} = Every 4 hours
   {1, 30} = Every one and a half hour (who the hell would do this?)
  */
  restartTimer[] = {3, 0};
  /*
   Kicks players before restart to prevent gear loss.
   We strongely recommend to use this!
   0 = off
   1 = on
  */
  useAutoKick = 1;
  /*
   Number of minutes before the server kicks players that did
   not disconnect before the restart. Should at least be two
   minutes!
  */
  kickTime = 3;
  /*
   Self-explanatory
   0 = off
   1 = on
  */
  useRestartMessages = 0;
  /*
   Number of minutes before the restart to inform your players.
   Only use full minutes here. Value like 5.5 have not been tested.
  */
  restartWarningTime[] = {2, 1};
  /*
   If set to 1 server will execute '#shutdown',
   to try to shutdown the server
  */
  useShutdown = 0;

And with those settings above, i enabled the infistar restarter which looks like this:.

Spoiler
infiSTAR_RESTART_SYSTEM {
 enableSystem = "true";
 USE_RESTART_TIME_IN_M = "true";
 RESTART_TIME_IN_M = 180;    /* restart time in minutes (default: 180min == 3 hours) */
 TIME_FUNCTION_USED = "diag_tickTime"; /* diag_tickTime (starts with arma3server.exe), time (starts with mpmission init) */

USE_RESTART_FIXED_TIME_ARRAY = "false";
 RESTART_TIMES[] = { /* {hour,minute} .. put in the times when your server is supposed to restart (real time). */
  {00,00},
  {03,00},
  {06,00},
  {09,00},
  {12,00},
  {15,00},
  {18,00},
  {21,00},
  {24,00}
 };

USE_SHUTDOWN = "true";
 SERVER_END_FUNCTION = "#restartserver"; /* SERVER_END_FUNCTION -> #shutdown or #restartserver */
 RESTART_WARNING_SOUND = "Alarm"; /* for example: Alarm or air_raid */
 RESTART_IN_X_ARRAY[] = {15,10,5,4,3,2,1}; /* Announce the a restart x mins before it happens (x stands for each number) */

2 massive bugs with the way i got it now,

1: infistar simply counts down from 3 hours to 0, and then goes into -1 till 12301230210312003 or whatever, without restarting the server.

And

2: the Exile part doesn't kick people at the required 3 minutes. Figuring it's the infistar restarter i want i'll do this :P@infiSTAR  Any chance you could help me on this part?

i have tried #restartserver & #shutdown but netiher are being done it seems when people are offline. And when they are online they simply arn't being kicked.

I can't seem to find RPT errors about this either, unless im missing something

Edited by rolecraft

7 answers to this question

You don't need to leave it configured in the exile config if it's not going to be used, I'd leave the restart time but then default everything else to 0 and give that a shot

If your server command password is wrong for any reason, Infistar will likely be unable to execute #shutdown

Edited by Major Mittens.

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, rolecraft said:

assuming you mean servertype, partially setup one from Gtxgaming. Unless im answering the wrong ballpark here lawl

Are you using a Control Panel to edit your server with FTP or do you have a dedicated box you can remote connect to?

On 5/20/2017 at 5:31 PM, rolecraft said:

2 massive bugs with the way i got it now,

1: infistar simply counts down from 3 hours to 0, and then goes into -1 till 12301230210312003 or whatever, without restarting the server.

And

2: the Exile part doesn't kick people at the required 3 minutes. Figuring it's the infistar restarter i want i'll do this :P@infiSTAR  Any chance you could help me on this part?

i have tried #restartserver & #shutdown but netiher are being done it seems when people are offline. And when they are online they simply arn't being kicked.

I've changed it for the next update, so it locks the server ~3 min before restart and kicks people a few seconds before restart.

Strange bugs you have there :P

Advertisement