StevieP

NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel

Question

I'm hoping someone might know what this error is, my server seems to be working fine, most people are able to play but some are just dc'd instantly when trying to join and retrying doesn't help them get on. My rcon shows no error or BE problem so i assumed it was client side and it was something they were doing wrong but i did look at my RPT just to see if anything was mentioned in there that would enlighten me, i found this:

11:47:48 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #1045935740, users.card=4
11:47:48 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 1045935740
11:47:48 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1045935740 (player's name)

Pasted only one instance because this was spammed many many times over and over for the same player.

Anyone know how to fix this? i read on some google search someone said it was down to the player's steam being in offline mode (i verified this and the player was not offline mode).

I also read something about it being down to out of date dll's... i don't even know where to start with that idea...

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Same issue here with no answers found. If I unpack my .pbo mission file and make any changes at all I cannot join. I'm simply wanting to update my shops but started getting this error after the changes. If I restore the server I can join just fine. Of course I am the owner/admin. This makes my server stuck the way it is. It always runs good and I have always been able to make changes with no issues at all. If anyone knows what the cause of this is it would really help many of us.

Advertisement

I'm not running BE and it still happens if I unpack and change the .pbo. I made other edits to the server without any issues. For example, I added a few more shipwrecks and adjusted the map center so they spawn in better locations. Restart the server and all is fine. As soon as I change even the smallest thing in the mission I can't get in. Others can and the changes I made work. As an active admin I need to be in-game so essentially the server is stuck in this state, or previous states. It's really srange, and I'm sure there is a simple answer.

Advertisement