xstreme

[Release] xsSpawn | Ground Spawn or Halo Selection

267 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2018 at 5:48 PM, Brenner said:

Thanks for awesome script, works flawlessly, but wanted to ask (since this is out of the scope of my abilities), how would it be possible to make when player is  spawning on server for the very first time that he/she don't have ground option, but parachute only. To make parachuting mandatory for newcomers in a way.

Want to do this because i want that everyone try parachuting at least once.

Thanks in advance. :)

@Brenner If you are still looking to do this. 
1. Override ExileServer_system_network_event_onPlayerConnected.
2. Replace with this. (Just the new variable)

private["_isKnownAccount"];
_uid = _this select 0;
_name = _this select 1;
forceHalo_isNewAccount = false;
if !(_uid in ["", "__SERVER__", "__HEADLESS__"]) then
{
   format["Player %1 (UID %2) connected!", _name, _uid] call ExileServer_util_log;
   _isKnownAccount = format["isKnownAccount:%1", _uid] call ExileServer_system_database_query_selectSingleField;
   if (_isKnownAccount) then
   {
      format["startAccountSession:%1:%2", _uid, _name] call ExileServer_system_database_query_fireAndForget;

}
   else 
   {
      format["createAccount:%1:%2", _uid, _name] call ExileServer_system_database_query_fireAndForget;
      forceHalo_isNewAccount = true;
   };
};
true

3. In your overwritten ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_event_onListBoxSelectionChanged change it to this:

private["_listBoxControl","_listBoxControlIndex","_display","_spawnButton","_spawnButton2"];
disableSerialization;
_listBoxControl = _this select 0;
_listBoxControlIndex = _this select 1;
_display = uiNamespace getVariable ["xstremeGroundorHaloDialog",displayNull];
ExileClientSelectedSpawnLocationMarkerName = _listBoxControl lbData _listBoxControlIndex;
_spawnButton = _display displayCtrl 1600;
_spawnButton ctrlEnable true;
if(!forceHalo_isNewAccount) then{
    _spawnButton2 = _display displayCtrl 1601;
    _spawnButton2 ctrlEnable true;
};
if !((_listBoxControl lbText _listBoxControlIndex) == "Random") then
{
   ExileClientSelectedSpawnLocationMarkerName call ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_zoomToMarker;
};

true

That should work. I haven't tested it though.

Advertisement
On 5/25/2018 at 6:25 AM, Beowulfv said:

This is a reworked spawn system using @xstreme Halo/Ground spawn options and @Super Jerome base spawn script. I have taken the customizable features provided from @SeanJSOS merged exPoch and added them into this version of xsSpawn. I have added two knew features that allow server admins to turn off Halo or Ground options for bases. This base spawn system allows all flag owners and/or players on the build rights to spawn at each flag once for a set amount of time (Default 15 minutes) determined by the server admin. I am only responsible for the merging of the two systems together, adding the features, and by no means claim any of the base code as my own work.

https://github.com/Beowulfv/xsSpawn

Thank you very much, it works fine.

Could you tell me how to get spawn dialog on full screen, please?
Like one top bar just telling to select one spawn location, and at bottom 2 columns:
1st (left): Map with big width size
2nd (right): Shows spawn points to choose and at bottom the buttons to spawn ground, halo or base.

I would really appreciate! Thank you!!! 

On 5/25/2018 at 9:25 PM, Beowulfv said:

This is a reworked spawn system using @xstreme Halo/Ground spawn options and @Super Jerome base spawn script. I have taken the customizable features provided from @SeanJSOS merged exPoch and added them into this version of xsSpawn. I have added two knew features that allow server admins to turn off Halo or Ground options for bases. This base spawn system allows all flag owners and/or players on the build rights to spawn at each flag once for a set amount of time (Default 15 minutes) determined by the server admin. I am only responsible for the merging of the two systems together, adding the features, and by no means claim any of the base code as my own work.

https://github.com/Beowulfv/xsSpawn

Have you checked that you are allowed to modify and redistribute this?

27 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

Use it or don't use it.

This isn't about using it or not using it? It's about someones copyright and whether you have permission for it. I'm really surprised you don't understand that.

37 minutes ago, Tich said:

This isn't about using it or not using it? It's about someones copyright and whether you have permission for it. I'm really surprised you don't understand that.

And r u the owner?
Beowulfv takes some old thing that don't work now a days and fixed it. He's here helping a lot of people. I can make it works because of his work on it.

So, stop bothering others. If one day u make your own stuff and would like to be an asshole could be, after its YOUR OWN content.

Edited by joew00

18 minutes ago, joew00 said:

And r u the owner?
Beowulfv takes some old thing that don't work now a days and fixed it. He's here helping a lot of people. I can make it works because of his work on it.

So, stop bothering others. If one day u make your own stuff and would like to be an asshole could be, after its YOUR OWN content.

This is the exact definition of working over copyright.. Jesus. It wasn't just a fix it was a rework with his own and redistribution. Clearly you have no idea how git works too. You request a fork, put in the fix and request a merge. It's not just a place to paste your recycle code.. This way it stays under the original authors work.

Don't try and change my mind on copyright because you won't. You'd be the type of person to cry if your content was stolen. It has been provided for free the least you can do is respect the owner and ask permission if you want to upload it on your own git. Not abuse it and reuse it. I'm not going to reply to anymore of the silly emotional comments. Don't make anyone feel bad about simply protecting someones work. 

Copyright is plain and simple, and asking the owner is no large deed. Especially for the work they have put in. Show some respect for the content you use. No I'm not the author but yes I do run xstreme and I do write my own code for many projects. 

2 hours ago, Tich said:

I gave credit where credit was due. I contacted the original owners for advice on how to rework the code into what I was trying to construct. Now you can either use what I created or don't. But you are the exact reason why I don't share 99% of my modified code. Now, Use it or don't. If you have any more issues, contact the original creators and file a complaint. Otherwise, shut up.

Edited by Beowulfv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

I gave credit where credit was due. I contacted the original owners for advice on how to rework the code into what I was trying to construct. Now you can either use what I created or don't. But you are the exact reason why I don't share 99% of my modified code. Now, Use it or don't. If you have any more issues, contact the original creators and file a complaint. Otherwise, shut up.

Don't mind about those type of people. You helped me a lot and i'm sure its useful for a lot of others persons too, so thank you!

Could u help me to change the spawn dialog to fit the full screen size and remove the logo, please?

Thank you!!!

Advertisement