yarpii

[SOLVED] [Question] Can i blacklist a mod

11 posts in this topic

Hi i had a little question....
Am i able to ban some mods with ur tool.....
i mean a friend of me told me to blacklist a mod ACE i think that players can handle more dmg.... i have no clue what he means...

but he said it can be run even when we have it not on the server side... they can do it on the client side... :)

and if i can how to do it.... maybe i have read the config file not good enough....

Sorry if i ask stupid question

Edited by yarpii

Hello Yarpii,

Blacklist a mod?  No, not really.  BUT, by NOT including the mod's BI key on your server, the server will kick anyone who attempts to use it.

Simply:

On server:  Mod + BI Key  = Clients can join and play

Otherwise they get kicked.

:)

Advertisement

Well that's the problem with this ACE Mod the can use even when i don't have it on the server....
That's the problem.... i know i need to have the key for some mods... not all mods provide a key.....
But thanks for ur fast reply... :)

I haven't tried ACE specifically so it's possible that there's something unique with that mod but in my personal experience, you cannot join a server if you have an additional mod loaded that the server owner hasn't explicitly added the key for.

I've tried this (accidentally) over the years after making map edits with things like the M3Editor plugin and then immediately trying to join my server with the mod added. It just doesn't work and you get kicked.

Edit; Just checked, ACE appears to be a signed mod so no, you cannot join a server that doesn't have the keys for it.

Edited by Riker2335
Extra info on ACE.
  • Like 1

Jeeej Thanks guys... i love u guys for the help :)

Good to know my server will be safe with this...
I think i have my answer and topic can be Closed

THANKS GUYS LOVE YA

if people can join your server with mods that you do not have a key in your key folder for make sure in your server config you have verify signatures set to 1

verifySignatures = 1;

6 minutes ago, xstreme said:

if people can join your server with mods that you do not have a key in your key folder for make sure in your server config you have verify signatures set to 1

verifySignatures = 1;

well i have that always on (1) but then i think my friend his old server dit not had it..... or something...

3 hours ago, xstreme said:

verifySignatures = 1;

I think I have read somewhere that they fixed the performance loss when you have it on 2. someone should test that as well :)

• Like 1

Advertisement