yarpii

[Question] Dark Ingame HUD

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a question how to fix the dark HUD ingame...

Yesterday we had Exile Chernarus on the server but now we like and have Altis on it.... but for some reason is the ingame HUD pretty dark....
And because of this people can't see the on/off button of the XM8 tablet...
So i was wondering if there is someone who maybe have the solution for this.....

And NO it's not the settings of my Arma 3 because i didn't do anything to the settings... All i dit was installing new Map on the server

There's a couple of things that come to my mind.....

1. Have you applied any colour corrections to your server? In my experience, this can cause a dark UI. If not, then you're running the default Exile colours so it should be okay.

2. The XM8 power button can be hard to see on some monitors, on my server I set it to be on as soon as the player logs in automatically to fix this issue.

If having the XM8 on as soon as the player logs in would resolve help your problem then I can look up where the setting is when I get home (I'm at work currently).

• Like 1

Advertisement
12 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

2. The XM8 power button can be hard to see on some monitors, on my server I set it to be on as soon as the player logs in automatically to fix this issue.

I would also be interested in how to do that if you don't mind supplying the information. 

22 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

If having the XM8 on as soon as the player logs in would resolve help your problem then I can look up where the setting is when I get home (I'm at work currently).

i have this same issue bit is it not strange that it's for me only on altis and it was not on Chernarus...

Hi @fifthmanstanding and @yarpii. In the initplayerlocal.sqf file inside your mission, add the following line at the top;

ExileClientXM8IsPowerOn = true;

That will ensure the XM8 is powered on as soon as a player connects.

With regards why it is not the case in Chernarus but is in Altis, I'm not 100% sure but I believe each map maker has the ability to adjust the colour cast settings and included in that is the darkness levels of the UI. It's possible that Chernarus has a slightly brighter colour cast than Altis. I'm afraid I haven't played enough on Exile Altis to comment further though.

2 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Hi @fifthmanstanding and @yarpii. In the initplayerlocal.sqf file inside your mission, add the following line at the top;

That will ensure the XM8 is powered on as soon as a player connects.

With regards why it is not the case in Chernarus but is in Altis, I'm not 100% sure but I believe each map maker has the ability to adjust the colour cast settings and included in that is the darkness levels of the UI. It's possible that Chernarus has a slightly brighter colour cast than Altis. I'm afraid I haven't played enough on Exile Altis to comment further though.

well it's like u said after a while it turns the normal color....
it's the same for us... i used now the

so it's fine xD

• Like 1

Advertisement