fifthmanstanding

Baguettes not properly displaying

Question

So in reading the post here:

I saw that baguettes were introduced. I saw them in action on the test server so I knew what to expect. After installing the update I've noticed that any time I go into a trade zone that there is no baguette message but that if I leave any safe zone it will display the baguette "Goodbye! Godmode disabled" message. I've tested this with walking, driving and infistar teleportation but all results are the same as described. 

I was wondering if anyone would know why the entrance isn't triggering but the exit is.

I tried to find the location of the baguette code as displayed on the above linked post  and I've checked both exile_server_config and the mission file config file but a search for "baguette" turns up nothing nor does using the word in a forum search. 

Thanks in advance for any insight. 

16 answers to this question

You need to merge files you have overridden into the new files. 

By default the baguettes work perfectly so, it has to be down to a file you have overridden that's still using the old code. 

My guess is some kind of enhanced safe zone script....? 

Edited by BaroN

I'm not running any safe zone related scripting so nothing should be interfering. Everything, so far as I can tell, has been overwritten (from the 1.0.3 update to the pre-existing files). 

Where exactly is the baguettes code located?

Advertisement
19 hours ago, fifthmanstanding said:

Where exactly is the baguettes code located?

ExileClient_gui_baguette_show.sqf

ExileClient_gui_baguette_toggle.sqf

ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf

ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone.sqf

Edited by WURSTKETTE

23 hours ago, BaroN said:

You need to merge files you have overridden into the new files. 

By default the baguettes work perfectly so, it has to be down to a file you have overridden that's still using the old code. 

My guess is some kind of enhanced safe zone script....? 

So you were definitely right. Looked through the mission file with a little more coffee in me and found ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf with an override pointing to it in customcode in the config.cpp. I can't remember what that was for but I feel like it was previously there for a hotfix or something related to the last arma update possibly. Either way, removing it fixed the issue. Baguettes now show both entering and exiting. 

1 hour ago, WURSTKETTE said:

ExileClient_gui_baguette_show.sqf

ExileClient_gui_baguette_toggle.sqf

ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf

ExileClient_object_player_event_onLeaveSafezone.sqf

My next mission was to change the entrance message. I looked through all of those and ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone has the option to change the text on line 43. I changed to:

["Welcome to the safe zone.Follow the Rules."] spawn ExileClient_gui_baguette_show;

After uploading and restarting it's done nothing. The default message "Welcome! God Mode Enabled" still shows when entering.  I double checked all the above quoted sqf files and ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone is the only one that seems to have the option for inserting a text message.

Any thoughts on how to fix that?

35 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

Any thoughts on how to fix that?

Í'm not entire sure, what you'r trying to fix.

35 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

I looked through all of those and ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone has the option to change the text on line 43. I changed to:

["Welcome to the safe zone.Follow the Rules."] spawn ExileClient_gui_baguette_show;

After uploading and restarting it's done nothing. The default message "Welcome! God Mode Enabled" still shows when entering.

You say, the default message still shows when entering - in the mainpost you said

On 6/1/2017 at 2:50 PM, fifthmanstanding said:

I was wondering if anyone would know why the entrance isn't triggering

So í'm under the impression, you just wanted to fix that message?! Wich you basically did?!

Please post you'r overwrite code and tell what exactly you want to have "fixed", i'm pretty sure we can get the job done :)

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Sorry, allow me to clarify. 

My next mission was to change the entrance message. I looked through all of those and ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone has the option to change the text on line 43. I changed to:

I want to change the default message to a custom message. I changed the message in ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone to 

and uploaded to the server. Upon entering safezone it is still displaying the default  message "Welcome! God Mode Enabled" despite my alterations to ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.

I understand :)

20 minutes ago, fifthmanstanding said:

I changed the message in ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone

Where is that file located? 

You said prev you removed the overwrite, did you put the overwrite for that function back?

Edited by WURSTKETTE

20 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

I understand :)

Where is that file located? 

You said prev you removed the overwrite, did you put the overwrite for that function back?

At the time of my initial post there was an overwrite in config.cpp inside the mission file that was preventing ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone from displaying bagguettes on entrance to safe zones. Since then I have removed the overwrite inside of config.cpp as it is no longer necessary. 

ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone is located inside exile_client.pbo and the pathway is exile_client\code\ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone. I ftp'd exile_client.pbo from my server, unpacked, navigated to the aforementioned file, opened it, edited line 43 from the default "["Welcome! God Mode Enabled"] spawn ExileClient_gui_baguette_show; " to "["Welcome to the safe zone.Follow the Rules."] spawn ExileClient_gui_baguette_show;" as seen above. I then saved, repacked exile_client.pbo, uploaded to server and restarted. After restart I entered a safe zone and found that the message is still displayed as the default "Welcome! God Mode Enabled" rather than my edit. 

Ok.

That wont work, that would work for exile_server.pbo but not for the exile_client.pbo - since exile_client. pbo is also located on your local pc and loaded up when joining the server.

What you have to do is, create and overwrite.

copy your EDITED version of  ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf into your missionfile (mpmission/exile.mapname.pbo).

Open "mpmission/exile.mapname.pbo/config.cpp" and find 

class CfgExileCustomCode
{

};

in-between those brackets you gonna add:

ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone = "ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf";

so it should look like that:

class CfgExileCustomCode
{

ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone = "ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf";

};

Make sure, ExileClient_object_player_event_onEnterSafezone.sqf is located in the mainfolder of your missionfile - if you put it in a subdir, you have to edit path in CfgExileCustomCode function overwrite.

Good luck

• Like 1

Advertisement