Speck (James)

Removing Exile Main Menu Video & Exile Inventory Layout?

7 posts in this topic

(I was told to move this here)

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to the world of the development in Exile and I was wondering whether someone could give me instructions/help on a matter on which has been bugging me. 

Problem 1:

I want to remove the video, music and whatever else that loads when Arma 3 is loaded with the @Exile mods.  This is because I wish to design my own main menu within Arma 3 that will represent a bunch of information. I am obviously limited as Exile will try and load the video, vr mission and whatever else at the same time. So, I was wondering how I could disable these, so my custom menu can be loaded without conflict.

Problem 2:

My friend also gave me a custom inventory screen that he made, but it seems to be interrupted by the exile inventory design, and was also wondering on how to remove this? See below for further insight.

http://imgur.com/a/aNYcG

I would love to find out how to resolve both of these. As said, I'm new, so telling me how to resolve this would be great! I ask anybody who is willing to answer, to tell me which files/lines to delete to stop the inventory/menu video thingy from calling. :D

PS) I know there are things like combine mags and pop tabs on that menu that would be required, but i'll add them to my own menu! :D

Edited 18 hours ago by Speck (James)

Advertisement
On 6/2/2017 at 9:10 AM, Speck (James) said:

Problem 1: I want to remove the video, music and whatever else that loads when Arma 3 is loaded with the @Exile mods.  This is because I wish to design my own main menu within Arma 3 that will represent a bunch of information. I am obviously limited as Exile will try and load the video, vr mission and whatever else at the same time. So, I was wondering how I could disable these, so my custom menu can be loaded without conflict.

I'm assuming you're talking about clientside (your computer) and not a server. If that's the case see -nosplash  here:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

If you're running A3 Launcher you can easily accomplish this by going to settings tab and selecting it in the image below:

1.png

If you're using the default vanilla Arma 3 Launcher: click Parameters on the left sidebar, select the "All parameters" tab, scroll down to "Skip logos on startup" and check the box. This will do the same as the -nosplash command. 

For the music you would start arma, go to your profile, go to settings and change the audio to the lowest setting and save it. That will prevent the autoplay music on start. 

Be aware: it is impossible (more or less) to disable the load screen when loading to an exile server. By "load screen" I mean the screen where exile items are shown with quirky messages at the bottom left. This is a default to the exile mod hosted serverside and, from what I've seen, cannot be modified aside from adding the server image logo below the image box at the top right at this time. 

Spoiler

Problem 2:

My friend also gave me a custom inventory screen that he made, but it seems to be interrupted by the exile inventory design, and was also wondering on how to remove this? See below for further insight.

Your imgur link is broken, the images don't show. I'm going to assume you're connecting to a multiplayer server outside of your own computer. If that's not the case then ignore the following.

Based on what you've said I'm assuming this is a 3rd party mod or script. If you're connecting to a server with an unsupported 3rd part mod/script then (assuming the server doesn't auto-kick for this, mine does for example). Without a link to the code that your friend supplied you're not going to get a straightforward answer, though it will probably result in the same answer: disable it. 

I doubt the above solves all of your problems but at least its some pertinent information. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by fifthmanstanding
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 5:10 PM, fifthmanstanding said:

I'm assuming you're talking about clientside (your computer) and not a server. If that's the case see -nosplash  here:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

If you're running A3 Launcher you can easily accomplish this by going to settings tab and selecting it in the image below:

1.png

If you're using the default vanilla Arma 3 Launcher: click Parameters on the left sidebar, select the "All parameters" tab, scroll down to "Skip logos on startup" and check the box. This will do the same as the -nosplash command. 

For the music you would start arma, go to your profile, go to settings and change the audio to the lowest setting and save it. That will prevent the autoplay music on start. 

Be aware: it is impossible (more or less) to disable the load screen when loading to an exile server. By "load screen" I mean the screen where exile items are shown with quirky messages at the bottom left. This is a default to the exile mod hosted serverside and, from what I've seen, cannot be modified aside from adding the server image logo below the image box at the top right at this time. 

Reveal hidden contents

Problem 2:

My friend also gave me a custom inventory screen that he made, but it seems to be interrupted by the exile inventory design, and was also wondering on how to remove this? See below for further insight.

Your imgur link is broken, the images don't show. I'm going to assume you're connecting to a multiplayer server outside of your own computer. If that's not the case then ignore the following.

Based on what you've said I'm assuming this is a 3rd party mod or script. If you're connecting to a server with an unsupported 3rd part mod/script then (assuming the server doesn't auto-kick for this, mine does for example). Without a link to the code that your friend supplied you're not going to get a straightforward answer, though it will probably result in the same answer: disable it. 

I doubt the above solves all of your problems but at least its some pertinent information. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you can disable it through the config.bin (turn it into a cpp) to stop the screen loading, i don't know - you see anything?

@Speck (James) Sounds to me like you're trying to create a new mod but uitilising a large part of Exile's core code, would that be correct?

If that's what you're trying to do then I'd suggest starting with a request to the Exile development team over whether you can do that and what they'll allow you to do. If they give you permission to do so, you may then be able to just modify the core Exile files how you wish and that would become your mod.

Just a suggestion, maybe I've misunderstood what you're trying to do though.

Just disable splash and carry on. I do not suggest making a new mod unless you've contact a developer directly. Please use a correct means of contacting one of the developers IE: Discord.

This topic is now locked to prevent further issues & possible drama.

~ucjohn

Advertisement