Tango5Ni9r

Adding mods with 1.0.3 how to?

Question

So with all other exile iterations was easy you added mod then took out // in  CfgExileArsenal,   in config.cpp Now I have no clue and any help would be appreciated.

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Tango5Ni9r said:

So with all other exile iterations was easy you added mod then took out // in  CfgExileArsenal,   in config.cpp Now I have no clue and any help would be appreciated.

Care to explain, i don't see what should have changed within the last patches.

7 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

Care to explain, i don't see what should have changed within the last patches.

10 minutes ago, MRsOrange said:

Follow the instruction provided by the mod dev

Spoiler

#include "tfak\config\CfgXM8.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgClans.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgCraftingRecipes.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileAnimals.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileArsenal.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileCustomCode.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileEnvironment.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileHUD.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileLootSettings.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileMobileXM8.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileMusic.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileParty.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgExileRussianRoulette.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgFlags.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\ExileAbstractAction.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgInteractionMenus.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgInteractionModels.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgLocker.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgPlayer.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgSlothMachine.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgTerritories.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgTraderCategories.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgTraders.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgTrading.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgVehicleCustoms.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgVehicleTransport.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgNetworkMessages.cpp"
#include "tfak\config\CfgVirtualGarage.cpp"
#include "mods\VectorBuilding\config.cpp"

That's what I now see in this update. Nowwhere do I see cfgarsenal.. Im sure you're aware of how mods we're added in all other updates prior no?  Also Mrs that's a useless answer.

Edited by Tango5Ni9r

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Tango5Ni9r said:

That's what I now see in this update. Nowwhere do I see cfgarsenal.. Im sure you're aware of how mods we're added in all other updates prior no?

I'm still not quite sure, what you'r lookin for :) What MODS are you talkin about? What you basically did, is outsourcing the classes by including them in config.cpp that's not a mod.

fZu8JDE.png

Care to explain, wich mod you wanna add so we could give you a little food for thought - basically nothing had changed, within the last patches. (beside of that some new classes where added into config.cpp)

Greetings

9 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

98%

Make it 100% 

9 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

did u just steal someone elses mission

That would explain something, lol - i thought he's from tfakgaming.com...but yeh .. wwhoopwhoop

3 hours ago, Crazy Mike said:

did u just steal someone elses mission because im 98% sure the mission that comes in the exile download isnt like that...

no I had it done for me using a game server provider. So then I assume they installed it incorrectly?

7 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

when u #include something it does exactly what it says it does

so if cfgarsenal isnt there they obviously the mission file borked. ok thanks for the help.

7 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

WHEN YOU INCLUDE SOMETHING AND THERE IS A PATH YOUR TELLING THE GAME TO INCLUDE WHATS IN THE PATH SO CLICK ON THE FILE THATS PATHED WHERE YOUR CFG ARSENAL WAS AND LOOK AT WHATS INSIDE BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED 

how the hell did i not make that anymore obvious when i told you "when you INCLUDE something, there is no extra logic, that line of code includes whatever the path is, into the file the line of code is in, aka look at what is inside the pathed file to find your cfg arsenal..... i laid that out so basic wtf 

only I DON'T KNOW WHERE CFG ARSENAL WAS/IS! i literally showed you what's inside config.cpp THERE IS NO CFGARSENAL! wtf I literally spelled it out for you..

Edited by Tango5Ni9r

14 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

>.< ok so if they have the #include "whatever\folder\cfgarsenal", and its not there, they yes they fucked up, but if its a host that did it i dont thnink they would have messed up like that usually they just have a server setup and they copy paste over the contents, they wouldnt do that everytime by hand for each customer

That is literally all that is there ( what I showed in first post ) I then looked in mission file and found ExAd and other folders but nothing with cfgarsenal. There also is no traders folder AT ALL so yea they had to have fucked up and I sent them a ticket saying as much. Have yet to get a reply ( there on British time so idk maybe there eating supper? Sorry if I triggered you. Just for you this as easy as breathing. For me it's bloody rocket science but am trying!

i should add he probably didn't copy/paste as I had chernarus isles and they don't currently have that as a 1 click install and he was doing it for me.

Edited by Tango5Ni9r

5 minutes ago, Crazy Mike said:

i suggest buying a box you have direct access to and setup everything yourself so you know exactly whats happening instead of auto downloads ect, takes a bit longer but its so much more worth it to understand how it works, i did that and now after all that i advanced into actually making the mods people use then just using them myself not understanding how anything works, i hope you get sorted

Maybe down the road as I can't afford a dedi atm and just want a place to play with mods I enjoy and no rules but my own lol. Thanks again Mike.

Advertisement