Sign in to follow this  
DarkDem0n

Parameters with optional mods

Question

Hello people of the forums i was wondering where mods that are optional for the client go in the parameters. I need to add @JSRS Soundmod in the parameters. Do they go -servermod-, -mod- or neither

14 answers to this question

If the mod has an @mod folder then you will declare it as such -mod=@mod; unless told otherwise by the mod creator such as -servermod=@exileserver;

The difference between the two is whether or not both Server and Clients will be using it, or if only the Server will be using it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

If the mod has an @mod folder then you will declare it as such -mod=@mod; unless told otherwise by the mod creator such as -servermod=@exileserver;

The difference between the two is whether or not both Server and Clients will be using it, or if only the Server will be using it. 

Okay im running under -mod= at the moment it shows up on the mod list for my server but other people that run it. Does not show up for them.

Advertisement

In the default Arma 3 Online Browser you should see it, but sometimes it either doesn't list it or it shows as red instead of green. With A3Launcher, it takes a few minutes for their client to refresh and add any mod changes. The real test is if you are able to join or not.

The problem im having atm i am running blastcore mod on the server when i connect to the server with the mod on my client side it works. However when im not using the mod it comes up with this error. "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Blastcore_VEP.

Me and other people should be able to connect to the server with the mod or without it but it doesn't seem to be working when you are not running the mod.

If you want it as an optional mod,  only place the key on the server,  and remove the @mod from the start parameters . This way it will not show in the addons list in the browser,  and both clients with and without the mod can join. 

Using the @mod in start parameters makes it a required mod,  therefore all clients need to load it to join the server. 

23 minutes ago, dekela said:

If you want it as an optional mod,  only place the key on the server,  and remove the @mod from the start parameters . This way it will not show in the addons list in the browser,  and both clients with and without the mod can join. 

Using the @mod in start parameters makes it a required mod,  therefore all clients need to load it to join the server. 

Okay i will do that and see how it goes. Weird that i have JSRS soundmod in my parameters and i can still connect to the server without that mod.

Removing the mods from the parameters seem to have maken it worse.  Now its just stuck in creating/waiting.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Blastcore_VEP
11:34:35 Mission Exile.Chernarus: Missing 'description.ext::Header'
11:34:35 Starting mission:
11:34:35  Mission file: Exile (__cur_mp)
11:34:35  Mission world: Chernarus
11:34:35  Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\
11:34:36 Missing addons detected:
11:34:36   Blastcore_VEP

can you post  your start parameters?

also what is in your mission.sqm under

addons[]=
{
    "exile_client",
    "A3_Ui_F",
    "A3_Structures_F_Mil_Helipads"
};