Sign in to follow this  
T.w² | Prime v2

Transferring data between server hosts

4 posts in this topic

I am looking to transfer my files to a better host, I am not getting the preformance I need to hold 60+ players at once on the server I now have. I contacted my server provider, and they said they would not help transfer my data between their servers. Because of this, and how I found a better deal with another provider, I will be switching hosts. The only thing is, What do I need to transfer? I had someone set the server up for me, so I do not know what is needed. I know to copy the Server file, but how do I move databases and such? And is there also anything else I need to move as well?

Edited by T.w² | Prime v2

connect to db, myphpadmin (webclient) or any other client (heidisql, navicat) - export database.

connect to ftp, download all files you need - configs, ini's, addons, missionfile - mostly what you need.

• Like 2

Advertisement
18 hours ago, WURSTKETTE said:

connect to db, myphpadmin (webclient) or any other client (heidisql, navicat) - export database.

connect to ftp, download all files you need - configs, ini's, addons, missionfile - mostly what you need.

Connect to what ftp? Can I create my own or what? Will a dedicated server have a ftp? I currently go in through "Remote Desktop Connection"

5 hours ago, T.w² | Prime v2 said:

Can I create my own or what?

Yes.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12364.windows-server-2012-ftp-installation.aspx

You also could download a ftp client on the dedicated and connect on your new hosted/dedicated maschine thru ftp and transfer it directly to the new maschine.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement