hogansheroes

[SOLVED] Infistar v81 MY_LOG_FOLDER not v80 that i did post

7 posts in this topic

Within where would you place the MY_LOG_FOLDER , where all the logs save to your arma root folder.

so what im asking is if you install v80 and start your server, all the logs just get saved to the arma folder not in a folder like this MY_LOG_FOLDER.

so i know that with v80 inside the fn_preInit.sqf as there is nothing there so i added this

Spoiler

FN_CALL_LOG_DLL = {
    params [["_filename", "LOG", [""]], ["_logentry", "", [""]]];
    _filename = format["A3_%1_%2_%3", briefingName select [0,10], worldName select [0,10], _filename];
    _path = "MY_LOG_FOLDER";
    infiSTAR_DLL_Name callExtension format["2%1/%2|%3", _path, _filename, _logentry];
};
FN_CALL_LOG_DLL = compileFinal ([FN_CALL_LOG_DLL] call fnc_CompilableString);

and my logs still show up on the main arma root menu not in the folder i created.

so someone share some light on this please.

Edited by hogansheroes

I run infistar from it's own @infiSTAR_Exile folder in the arma root directory and call it in the -serverMod line.  All of the log files save inside the @infiSTAR_Exile folder.  Not sure if that's where they're supposed to go, but it's fine by me

Advertisement

The install instructions changed with v80 and up, now the readme has the install done as McGough has it... Infistar folder in the root with it being listed in the start bat under servermod=. And the logs end up in that infistar folder.

25 minutes ago, infiSTAR said:

LOL....................i meant to say 81 as this is the version im using and it was very very late when i posted this chris 

Opps my bad this fn_preInit.sqf does it to me every bloody time  you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page, dam bloody blank spaces.

Edited by hogansheroes
  • Like 1

mark it as solved please chris

but for all you need to scroll down to line 113 in the  fn_preInit.sqf to make those changes from this

Spoiler
  1. FN_CALL_LOG_DLL = {
  2. params [["_filename", "LOG", [""]], ["_logentry", "", [""]]];
  3. _filename = format["A3_%1_%2_%3", briefingName select [0,10], worldName select [0,10], _filename];
  4. infiSTAR_DLL_Name callExtension format["2%1|%2", _filename, _logentry];
  5. };
  6. FN_CALL_LOG_DLL = compileFinal ([FN_CALL_LOG_DLL] call fnc_CompilableString);

to this for a sub folder named MY_LOG_FOLDER or whatever folder you call it

Spoiler
  1. FN_CALL_LOG_DLL = {
  2. params [["_filename", "LOG", [""]], ["_logentry", "", [""]]];
  3. _filename = format["A3_%1_%2_%3", briefingName select [0,10], worldName select [0,10], _filename];
  4. _path = "MY_LOG_FOLDER";
  5. infiSTAR_DLL_Name callExtension format["2%1/%2|%3", _path, _filename, _logentry];
  6. };
  7. FN_CALL_LOG_DLL = compileFinal ([FN_CALL_LOG_DLL] call fnc_CompilableString);

Advertisement