[TEKE] Tom

You cannot edit/play this mission, for server that has never had these mods installed?

Question

I set up my server, added a couple of addons (ryans zombies and the exilez 2 Im pretty sure) and I get the error you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on content that has been deleted.  The strange thing is the content coming up has never been installed on the server, some have been installed but I don't recognize some of them? Untitled drawing (1).pngAnyone have any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Have you double checked your servers auto start file parameters?

start "Arma3" /min /wait arma3server.exe -mod=@Exile;@mandatoryMod2;@mandatoryMod3;@mandatoryMod4; -servermod=@Exileserver;@AdvancedTowing;@AdvancedSlingLoading;@AnyOtherServersideModsListed; -config=C:\Arma\178\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=reports -cfg=C:\Arma\178\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=Name_Of_Folder_You_Want_RPT_logs_In -autoinit

I use the Exile Auto Start batch file and it starts and loads based on the parameters in the above line. I would take a look at your launch parameters and make sure your not calling things you don't want loaded.

Edited by manOwar_AFD
syntax error :D

10 hours ago, manOwar_AFD said:

Have you double checked your servers auto start file parameters?

start "Arma3" /min /wait arma3server.exe -mod=@Exile;@mandatoryMod2;@mandatoryMod3;@mandatoryMod4; -servermod=@Exileserver;@AdvancedTowing;@AdvancedSlingLoading;@AnyOtherServersideModsListed; -config=C:\Arma\178\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=reports -cfg=C:\Arma\178\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=Name_Of_Folder_You_Want_RPT_logs_In -autoinit

I use the Exile Auto Start batch file and it starts and loads based on the parameters in the above line. I would take a look at your launch parameters and make sure your not calling things you don't want loaded.

I use a hosting service, it was working fine until I added exilez mod by [FPS]Kuplion.  Anyway heres the launch parameter: 

-ip=103.231.90.10 -port=2322 -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2048 -exThreads=7 -cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=@ExileServer -servermod=@ExileServer;@AdminToolkitServer -mod=@Exile;@Ryanzombies -world=empty -autoinit -malloc=tbbmalloc.dll

Btw the server is hosted by a server hosting company.

Edited by [TEKE] Tom

Advertisement

Hello [Teke]Tom,

This error means one of three things (depends on whose screen you see it on):

#1 - The mission is looking for mods that are not loaded by the server (Example:  Mission is looking for CBA and the server did not load CBA)

#2 - The client does not have these mods loaded (Example:  Mission is looking for CBA and the client not load CBA)

#3 - #1 and #2

The best way I think is to open the mission.sqm file in something like NotePad++ and see what the actual mission is loading in.  You then can compare the mission.sqm to the server startup items/client startup.

Also, there might be some 'left over' item that you're not aware of in the mission file.  If you see it, you can remove it...IF, you know what you're doing!  Back-up the original mission.sqm FIRST!  Otherwise, you have to pull it into the editor and remove those items.  If you do this, you MUST load ALL of the mods that will be used by the server (on the client when using the editor), correct the mission, and re-save/restart server.

If there is nothing 'weird' about the file, then  examine #1 and #2 above.

:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello [Teke]Tom,

This error means one of three things (depends on whose screen you see it on):

#1 - The mission is looking for mods that are not loaded by the server (Example:  Mission is looking for CBA and the server did not load CBA)

#2 - The client does not have these mods loaded (Example:  Mission is looking for CBA and the client not load CBA)

#3 - #1 and #2

The best way I think is to open the mission.sqm file in something like NotePad++ and see what the actual mission is loading in.  You then can compare the mission.sqm to the server startup items/client startup.

Also, there might be some 'left over' item that you're not aware of in the mission file.  If you see it, you can remove it...IF, you know what you're doing!  Back-up the original mission.sqm FIRST!  Otherwise, you have to pull it into the editor and remove those items.  If you do this, you MUST load ALL of the mods that will be used by the server (on the client when using the editor), correct the mission, and re-save/restart server.

If there is nothing 'weird' about the file, then  examine #1 and #2 above.

Thanks for the reply, just had a look in the mission.sqm, what is the addon A3_ui_f? I had a look in the default mission.sqm and it was there too but I dont know what it is and if its causing the issue but I tbh I have no idea.  Other than that I did find a space missing between 2 lines and everything else is fine.  I think #1 is the issue, the server should no reason to be looking for the addons and I do have some of the addons downloaded at some point but I have no idea for how to stop this issue :/.  

Your welcome!

Google is ALWAYS your friend!  ;)  Do a search on ' A3_ui_f ' and you will see what it is.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/346

It is part of ARMA that controls displays for buttons and such.

Missing spaces  in mod names can cause the issue you had as well.

The mission file, the server startup mods, and the client startup mods MUST ALL BE THE SAME (for the most part).  If any one of them is different, you will get that error.  None of us here can tell you which one is 'bad'.

It is one of these three, you just have to 'look for it'.  You look in these areas in the mission.sqm:

addons[]=

class AddonsMetaData

These two areas contain things you need or DO NOT need.  Look there!

Advertisement