YETEH

Editing Safe zones and such

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello Yeteh,

Kup is correct.  For large amounts of text, use PasteBin or the 'spoiler' part of post.

The easiest thing to do is open the map in the editor (of course with the Exile mod loaded) and delete these zones!  Save and you're done!

It takes less than 3 minutes to do the entire process.

You CAN do it 'by hand' and edit the mission.sqm, it is a LOT of work though and allows for a LOT OF ERRORS.  Make it simple, use the editor.

You say that the mission.sqm is 'bad'?  Open the original one and start from there.  You can 'copy and paste' existing zones and put them down without issues.\

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thanks guys!!. I now have another issue. I want to build in a location close to the trader i removed. And i get this error "Building is disallowed here on this server" appreciate it!

5 minutes ago, YETEH said:
36 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Yeteh,

Kup is correct.  For large amounts of text, use PasteBin or the 'spoiler' part of post.

The easiest thing to do is open the map in the editor (of course with the Exile mod loaded) and delete these zones!  Save and you're done!

It takes less than 3 minutes to do the entire process.

You CAN do it 'by hand' and edit the mission.sqm, it is a LOT of work though and allows for a LOT OF ERRORS.  Make it simple, use the editor.

You say that the mission.sqm is 'bad'?  Open the original one and start from there.  You can 'copy and paste' existing zones and put them down without issues.\

Top advice here. Saved me time and effort. Thank you kind sir!

You're more than welcome!

As far as the 'can not build', this would make me think you did NOT select all items on the map to move/delete.  You just cannot select the one item and delete it.  I THINK there is an 'invisible' marker there too, right on top of the visible one.  Either way, select ALL the items by using the 'drag and select' method, THEN delete.

There also MAY be something in the DB that 'blocking' it.  Quickest way to set-up a temp BLANK DB and the modified map, then test. Make back-ups of all files to be modified...  ;)

Either method will point you to which one is 'afoot' with the building issue.

If you REALLY want to know:

Open the original mission.sqm

Find and 'memorize' the coordinates for this zone (x,y).  (Get coordinates via editor properties OR thru something like NotePad++)

Delete zone as you originally did

Save mission

Open mission using something like NotePad++ and search for the coordinates you 'memorized'

If present, remove via editor OR by hand if you're quite skilled at this method

Save

Done

Then again, someone else may have an even quicker way to tell...

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

You're more than welcome!

As far as the 'can not build', this would make me think you did NOT select all items on the map to move/delete.  You just cannot select the one item and delete it.  I THINK there is an 'invisible' marker there too, right on top of the visible one.  Either way, select ALL the items by using the 'drag and select' method, THEN delete.

There also MAY be something in the DB that 'blocking' it.  Quickest way to set-up a temp BLANK DB and the modified map, then test. Make back-ups of all files to be modified...  ;)

Either method will point you to which one is 'afoot' with the building issue.

If you REALLY want to know:

Open the original mission.sqm

Find and 'memorize' the coordinates for this zone (x,y).  (Get coordinates via editor properties OR thru something like NotePad++)

Delete zone as you originally did

Save mission

Open mission using something like NotePad++ and search for the coordinates you 'memorized'

If present, remove via editor OR by hand if you're quite skilled at this method

Save

Done

Then again, someone else may have an even quicker way to tell...

Yeah i went back and found my error. Thank you! 

Advertisement