Soizmoasta

I cant join ANY Exile Server that uses CBA

Question

Hello,

yesterday I thought I would want to play some Exile again. Well I opened and updated the A3Launcher and searched a server that looked promising. As the game was loading and I was connecting to the server it showed me this error of CBA. Well I thought that my version of CBA is outdated or just corrupt so I re-downloaded CBA. But even after several tries to get on the server with CBA, I thought the server was just on the wrong version or something else wasnt right with it, so I joined another server but this time with people on it. Well I cant connect to any server that uses CBA. I dont know what I should do to fix it.

I've tried installing several versions of CBA, manually loading in the mods and joining the server (so the A3Launcher wouldnt be involved), validated the game multiple times and I even switched to the 32-bit version to see if that would change anything but no, still getting kicked because of this CBA error.

I hope somebody can help me out with this, thanks.

CBA Bug.PNG

Edited by Soizmoasta

3 answers to this question

Hello Soizmoasta,

'Not signed' means you and the server have different version of the same software.  You could look at it this way:  Having Win7 and Win10.  Both are the Windows OS, but they are different versions of said OS.

Also, there are a LOT OF ISSUES with the A3 Launcher.  Save yourself time and trouble, stick to Bohemia's launcher - It works!

See HERE

Several possibilities:

You do not have the most up-to-date version - Delete the ENTIRE CBA folder and then use STEAM and Bohemia's Launcher.

The server does not have the latest version of CBA installed

The server is using a mix of 'old and new' version of CBA

You are using a mix of 'old and new' version of CBA (delete the ENTIRE CBA folder)

You have some CBA files in some OTHER folder besides the CBA

You're trying to join a server which does not use CBA

Exile and CBA servers exist and have been for a good while.  So it is a 'known' working combo.

Good luck!

:)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello Soizmoasta,

'Not signed' means you and the server have different version of the same software.  You could look at it this way:  Having Win7 and Win10.  Both are the Windows OS, but they are different versions of said OS.

Also, there are a LOT OF ISSUES with the A3 Launcher.  Save yourself time and trouble, stick to Bohemia's launcher - It works!

See HERE

Several possibilities:

You do not have the most up-to-date version - Delete the ENTIRE CBA folder and then use STEAM and Bohemia's Launcher.

The server does not have the latest version of CBA installed

The server is using a mix of 'old and new' version of CBA

You are using a mix of 'old and new' version of CBA (delete the ENTIRE CBA folder)

You have some CBA files in some OTHER folder besides the CBA

You're trying to join a server which does not use CBA

Exile and CBA servers exist and have been for a good while.  So it is a 'known' working combo.

Good luck!

:)

Okay thats good to know, thanks :)

Advertisement