AndiTeddy

Stuck in ground | Nothing in database

6 posts in this topic

Hello i just created a exile Server for me and my friends, but the Problem is when de connect to the Server wie stuck in the ground cant move and nothing happen when we hit ESC. Also in the database nothing is inside the tabels after a couple oft restarts. I search some hour, but i coudnt finde a solution which work for my problem. And i hope you can hell me with my problems. Also in the Logs only was that wie connected nothing special.

Thanks for your help! :)

Database is probably in strict mode. 

Check That, hopefully it will resolve the problem for you. It's the most common "initial error" for Exile servers.

Advertisement

Thanks for your fast reply, but it didnt worked for me.

Do you know if i have to use a 32 bit version of windows or can i use a 64 bit version, because i have a 64 bit version.

Maybe this is my problem, but i cant test it because i dont have a 32 bit version of windows, so i have to buy one, but i only want to buy one if i have to.

Hello AndiTeddy,

There should be ONLY three reasons (for the most part/common reasons) it will not work:

#1 - Strict mode 'on' in the MySQL settings

#2 - Settings in Exile are not the same as the DB settings

#3 - MySQL is not set up properly and/or the database file itself is not properly 'initialized' correctly via the 'template' included with the Exile server download

On #1, did you shutdown and restart the MySQL AND Exile?

As far as #2 and #3, those you have to verify.  You can always install LOCALLY, MySQL Workbench, on your PC and attempt to browse the remote DB.  IF you can, then the settings you provided to MySQL are correct.  Then you need to ensure those EXACT settings are in Exile.  Case DOES matter!

There are MANY videos on YouTube showing how to install/configure Exile/MySQL.

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

On 15/08/2017 at 2:27 AM, AndiTeddy said:

Do you know if i have to use a 32 bit version of windows or can i use a 64 bit version, because i have a 64 bit version.

I also run 64-bit Windows. I think most people do these days.... no problem here.

Z80 CPU picked all the primary reasons for issues that you mentioned. I'm sure there will be something in your RPT files to point you in the right direction, just have a look at them to see if you can figure it out. Also, as was stated there's lots of youtube vids to help you out. That's how I did it the first time.

• Like 1

Advertisement