cannibalmerk

Server difficulty setting

20 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sandy4596 said:

In the custom difficulty pbo, or the server config pbo? There is no difficulty setting in the server config pbo.

There should be a folder called configs with basic.cfg and BEserver.cfg and server.cfg inside it, if you have a control panel use the text editor to change it, mine it at the bottom of the page.

Spoiler

// MISSION SETTINGS
class Missions {
    class ARMA3 {
        template = "Exile.Altis";
        difficulty = "ExileCustom"; // Server difficulty Settings (Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Mercenary, Custom)
    };
};

Edited by Sgt Smash
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement

I found the file, and set it to ExileCustom. The changes didn't take affect. I'm just trying to make it so that you can't see vehicles and trader ai on the map. It's quite annoying.

Hm. I'll try more detail in these posts, because I'm tired of waiting for a reply to one little piece of info. Not a complaint about anyone other than myself though. I use tadst, which apparently isn't common. But there seems to be few exile setup videos on youtube. Anyways, when I was first having this issue, I tried simply changing the difficulty within tadst to custom, and unchecking what I didn't want. Didn't work. In fact, up until this point, I've tried every combination I could. Like I mentioned above, I found the file. It wasn't in a folder though, it was just a loose file in the directory for my server. But nonetheless, I made the suggested edit, and it didn't work. I have the custom difficulty pbo in the right place. I'm stationed in korea right now, so trying to match up my times with the people on here is almost impossible. But I welcome all the help possible. 

i don't know what " tadst" is and the only things i've read about it is not to use it as it causes loads of problems.

Sorry i cound't help you further

I'm no Exile guru but custom difficulty works like a charm... so far... Download it from git and put exile_custom_difficulty.pbo file in @ExileServer\addons\. Extract and edit config.cpp in exile_custom_difficulty.pbo to edit difficulty and repack PBO. Set difficulty in your @ExileServer\config.cfg (which you should be using as a starting parameter for your Exile server) :

difficulty = "ExileCustom";   //"ExileRegular"  "ExileHarcore" "ExileCustom" (Edit config.cpp in exile_custom_difficulty.pbo)

ExileZServer.cmd (in Arma3Server folder)

start "Arma 3" /min /wait "arma3server.exe"  -port=2302 -cfg=@ExileServer\basic.cfg -config=@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=exileprofile -mission=Tanoa.ExileZ.ExAd.Scavange.DMS.pbo -name=Tanoa.ExileZ.ExAd.Scavange.DMS -pid=Tanoa.ExileZ.ExAd.Scavange.DMS.PID.log -ranking=Tanoa.ExileZ.ExAd.Scavange.DMS.Ranking.log -servermod=@ExileServer  -mod="@ace;@AdminToolkitServer;@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@Advanced_Towing;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;@CBA_A3;@CombatArt;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@dbo_bikes;@dbo_moto;@Enhanced_Movement;@Exile;@Exile_Expansion;@LordRampantHumps_Items_Pack;@ZombiesandDemons" -world=empty -noPause -noSound -autoInit

I stopped using TADST to start the server when I discovered I can only log in once - after a disconnect, I would be stuck on "Waiting for Server Startup" or "Create Bambi failed" until a server restart.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:34 PM, Sgt Smash said:

In the server.cfg change it from regular to ExileCustom!

Excuse my unknowledgement ...... but, to ExileCustomWhat? In the config.cpp of these files are 2 (in words: two) settings. Should not the statement be a little more precise? I just want to understand it, and I think that point is not properly explained  ........

7 hours ago, Anhor said:

Excuse my unknowledgement ...... but, to ExileCustomWhat? In the config.cpp of these files are 2 (in words: two) settings. Should not the statement be a little more precise? I just want to understand it, and I think that point is not properly explained  ........

I'm not sure the custom difficulty pbo file is still available, but if you can fined it you do as i said above! as it is as precise as it gets!

// MISSION SETTINGS
class Missions {
    class ARMA3 {
        template = "Exile.Altis";
        difficulty = "ExileCustom"; // Server difficulty Settings (Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Mercenary, Custom)
    };
}; 

Edit: The pbo is still available on the first page of this thread!

Edited by Sgt Smash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement