kidesh

How Exile is going?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

So I have been playing/Admin Exile for nearly 2 years now and I have went from Altis to Chernarus to Esseker to Namalsk to Tanoa to Chernarus winter to Kerama to Isla Abramia and now back to Altis and I think Exile has maybe flattened out a bit. 

So I ask this....

Is Exile going to go anywhere in a different direction?

Are we going to stay the same?

Do we need changing?

Are we trying to chase the days of DayZ MOD??

Most of all what do you guys all think???

I'm not trying to disrespect Exile and all the crew, as everyone has done an amazing job to get here ;)

I am just asking myself, what is all that Day Z hype about?

I am happy that i am not forced to play versus zombies, but can keep it a bit more realistic with Exile.

I remember buying Day Z some years ago and that i was very disappointed. We played it around 20 to 30hrs and then we had enough of the annoying zombies(that were almost in every "survival" game out there at that time), the bugs, the behaviour of the devs, waiting for updates and all that stuff. Then the standalone version was thrown on the market and i couldn´t understand people buying it(again). I mean, it was still Day Z. Again Day Z.

And now they open it for modders, and everybody is hyped again.

I felt fooled after buying it(and still do), and i do not support those that fooled me, never again!

Don´t believe the hype!

Advertisement
20 minutes ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

I am just asking myself, what is all that Day Z hype about?

I am happy that i am not forced to play versus zombies, but can keep it a bit more realistic with Exile.

I remember buying Day Z some years ago and that i was very disappointed. We played it around 20 to 30hrs and then we had enough of the annoying zombies(that were almost in every "survival" game out there at that time), the bugs, the behaviour of the devs, waiting for updates and all that stuff. Then the standalone version was thrown on the market and i couldn´t understand people buying it(again). I mean, it was still Day Z. Again Day Z.

And now they open it for modders, and everybody is hyped again.

I felt fooled after buying it(and still do), and i do not support those that fooled me, never again!

Don´t believe the hype!

It's a pretty big deal. They are finally going beta and with that comes base building and full mod support a long with completely revamped character controls and animations. This opens up a lot of possibilities for the game and the community. Also, while they haven't given a launch date he has said it won't be long now so expect to see it drop experimental this year at the very least.

Edited by Caatalyst

We're not chasing dayz in any capacity and exile was made to be played on any map and unless the top servers showcase a map no one wants to play anything else but those cookie cutter ones that you mentioned.

7 hours ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

It's not Exile that's dying out, it's Arma.

Games like PUBG and Escape from Tarkov are just shitting all over A3 and the genre. 

Totally agree ;)

Is there any news on an Arma4? Not saying that that will help it though.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:20 PM, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

Unless Bohemia completely unfucks themselves when they release A4, I highly doubt that would "fix" anything, unfortunately. A partnership with infiSTAR would probably be in their best interests as well. 

Without going off topic, that would be an interesting turn of events if that happened :D

Personally I think other games have enticed people away, the current exile is a great platform to build on and make your server how you want it.  I like it as it is now I don't really see the need to change direction as then it wouldn't be exile now would it ;)

• Like 1

Advertisement