Question

I have a chernarus server running the following mods

• DS Houses
  • Extended Base Mod
  • CUP Core 
  • CUP Terrains
  • TAC Vests
  • TRYK Multiplayer Uniforms

Since I built and launched the server about 1-2 months ago I've encountered a weird graphical bug that only affects some firearms. The loaded mag and the tip of the barrel appear a few feet above the gun and also affect the iron sights where they rapidly appear and disappear in first person view. 

It affects the  m107, ak 107 , ak 74, and KSVK (only the iron sights in 1st person) as far as I can tell. Initially I didn't really care about it but population has increased and several of them are twitch streamers and I need to correct this. 

If anyone has any idea what could be causing it please let me know. 

Images are below. You can see the gun parts floating above it. They follow the gun wherever it goes. 

20170905105701_1.jpg20170905105705_1.jpg

Edited by 4amMadman

12 answers to this question

As Crazy Mike said, it's the A2 "Exile" weapons. It's also map dependent as I run an Abramia server now which has no problems with those weapons however my Cherno server which shared the same base config (I essentially just switched maps and changed the economics of the server) I had to remove them from the loot tables and switch to the CUP weapon equivalents.

So, two choices - take the ARMA 2 "Exile" weapons out of your loot tables and swap for a different weapon mod or change maps for one that the weapons work on.....

On a side note, some of the ARMA 3 vanilla vehicles such as the hatchback are bugged in a similar way on Abramia.... vehicle components rotating that shouldn't when driving along. The Exile vehicles all work perfectly however and it was the other way around in some cases on Cherno. So yeah, ARMA.

• Like 1

Advertisement

What happened with the latest update.. I have this issues too now...  all Exile guns have floating parts now

People telling me its an old and known bug, I'm surprised I had no issues till the end of september-october updates. 

update: Not sure what was that , but I've re downloaded the Exile mod again, overwritten the files and restart the game again. That helped fixing this.

update 2: its back, non consistent in game glitch. it does appear in virtual arsenal too, nothing to do with server config .

update 3: if you restart the game enough times , it dissapears . wtf. Arma spaz in action!

Edited by Chernaruski

On 8/10/2017 at 1:25 PM, Chernaruski said:

What happened with the latest update.. I have this issues too now...  all Exile guns have floating parts now

People telling me its an old and known bug, I'm surprised I had no issues till the end of september-october updates. 

update: Not sure what was that , but I've re downloaded the Exile mod again, overwritten the files and restart the game again. That helped fixing this.

update 2: its back, non consistent in game glitch. it does appear in virtual arsenal too, nothing to do with server config .

update 3: if you restart the game enough times , it dissapears . wtf. Arma spaz in action!

I've the same problem on my fresh new server, dedicated machine with a tons of horsepower, FullFlash Storage and stuff like that, and I have the same issue!

What do you mean with the UPDATE3? You're talking about lot of restart of the server? really?

Advertisement