WyBrator

DMS Special Mission Idea

5 posts in this topic

Good Day guys I'm WyBrator and I'm fairly new here... and I have an Idea and I hope it's possible

It should be Challenging enough to try figure this out so, any one is welcome to help out and contribute in some way 

it will be greatly appreciated.

So let's Start.... 

WBVConvoy.sqf (The Idea) all map friendly

Spoiler

/*    
        WBVConvoy.sqf (DMS Special Mission)
        Idea By WyBrator (This is also a learning experiance for me, following my dream to learn coding and crate games)
        White help from Exilemod community
        Special thanks to
        "red_ned" "for the how to works document and making it easier to understand" (used your layout to try explain this)
        "your name here" "Help Provided"
        File Ver 0.01 (Bugs Galore)
*/

//================ Mission plan overview ===============

// private ["list of class names used", "in this format if im right"]
private []

// For logging purposes (have no idea what its logging yet)
    _num = DMS_MissionCount;

// Set mission side (only "bandit" is supported for now)(so the AI knows who to shoot at, Us of course)
    _side = "bandit";

// We need this so the AI doesn't spawn on Players and giving them a heart attack to win, that's just cheating.
// This part is unnecessary, but exists just as an example to format the parameters for "DMS_fnc_MissionParams" if you want to explicitly define the calling parameters for DMS_fnc_FindSafePos.
// It also allows anybody to modify the default calling parameters easily.
    if ((isNil "_this") || {_this isEqualTo [] || {!(_this isEqualType [])}}) then
    {
        _this =
        [
            [25,DMS_WaterNearBlacklist,DMS_MinSurfaceNormal,DMS_SpawnZoneNearBlacklist,DMS_TraderZoneNearBlacklist,DMS_MissionNearBlacklist,DMS_PlayerNearBlacklist,DMS_TerritoryNearBlacklist,DMS_ThrottleBlacklists],
            [
                []
            ],
            _this
        ];
    };

//================= List of possible Covoys to spawn ===================

// no idea how to get this right yet...
/*
1. A parol (Unlucky) 85% chance of spawning 
    not much to loot besides dead AI corps and possibly a vehicle that didn't blow up to sell at the shop for cash
    Vehicle list and formation
    Black SUV (un armed), Black  SUV(armed), Ural (closed), Black SUV(armed)
    all filled with blood thirsty AI armed to the teeth

2. A Fuel Truck Convoy (lucky) 5% chance of spawning 
    Fuel truck as reward for killing all AI and possibly a vehicle that didn't blow up to sell at the shop for cash
    lack SUV(un armed), Black SUV(armed), Ural (closed), Fuel truck, Black SUV(armed)

3. An Ammo Truck Convoy (lucky) 5% chance of spawning 
    Ammo truck as reward for killing all AI and possibly a vehicle that didn't blow up to sell at the shop for cash
    lack SUV(un armed), Black SUV(armed), Ural (closed), Ammo truck, Black SUV(armed)

3. A Supply Truck Convoy (lucky) 5% chance of spawning (Randon select possible Supplies "Food & Beer","Building materials","Medical Supplies")
    Supply truck as reward for killing all AI and possibly a vehicle that didn't blow up to sell at the shop for cash
    lack SUV(un armed), Black SUV(armed), Ural (closed), Supply truck, Black SUV(armed)

// More inner workings we will have to figure out

finding roads and intersection 
driving behavior of convoy 

Custom map Marker that shows convoy on map
marker name depending on what convoy spawned 
unit count to show remaining AI of the convoy 
*/

// Will Update this file with working code as we progress

@red_ned if you interested and if it's possible to do just have a look or maybe help out a little 

Advertisement

@WyBrator bear in mind that Occupation uses DMS for the AI although I'm not certain how it handles path finding so it's possible that's different. My personal experience with the AI systems is limited however I've found the A3XAI pathfinding superior (albeit still dumb) however it also is much harder on the server than Occupation which means lower performance for your players.

@Riker2335 My Experience in total with coding, Programming and scripting is pretty Limited And what I would like to do might be a little ambitious for someone with my current skill level. The occupation Pathing is ok, I have seen them do some pretty dome stuff also. Perhaps Elon Musk will be so kind and give us a worthy AI one day haha... that said this is purely to help me learn in an environment where I have fun doing so. will play around with the Occupation scrips later and see if I can at least get a Truck to spawn as well as a map marker "Baby Steps" then I'll worry about spawning the AI and see how they drive. 

Advertisement