JayPaypers

Writing vehicle ammo to database

Question

I would like to know if it is possible to find a way to be able to write vehicle ammo count to the database without using AVS. Im having a lot of issues trying to make AVS work with my current rearm/repair scripts, and I really only want the feature that logs a vehicles ammo count to the db when put in the virtual garage. Im noticing a lot of players are flying back to their bases to instantly rearm for free by putting the vehicle in their VG.

any help would be greatly appreciated :]

24 answers to this question

On 12.9.2017 at 10:14 AM, JayPaypers said:

I would like to know if it is possible to find a way to be able to write vehicle ammo count to the database without using AVS. Im having a lot of issues trying to make AVS work with my current rearm/repair scripts, and I really only want the feature that logs a vehicles ammo count to the db when put in the virtual garage. Im noticing a lot of players are flying back to their bases to instantly rearm for free by putting the vehicle in their VG.

any help would be greatly appreciated :]

I am working in this since a week and got persistent vehicle ammo working in combination with AVS and some changes within the Addon but then i got the problem that they still can repair for free wit the Virtual Garage. I am still working on this but maybe the informations help you.

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, [RG] Salutesh said:

I am working in this since a week

Same here, got some results but trashed them - wasn't good at all and buggy :D Also problem seemed, if i had blacklisted ammo on every rearm the blacklisted ammo was rearmed too. 

11 minutes ago, [RG] Salutesh said:

repair for free

Repair or rearm?

The only real issue i have with AVS is, that it's not gonna save up all ammo types. For example T-100 after restart or virtual garage store, the HE-Ammo is gone. And you can't rearm the t-100 after that at all, unless you discharge the whole ammo from the t-100. Was thinking about give players a discharge option on rearm points - could be a solution.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement
17 minutes ago, dima054 said:

Create overrides for exile functions and use database ammo code from AVS. When you are done please share that script with me and community ;)

Thats what i have done already, maybe i will do if i get the rest like presistent vehicle damage/hitpoints done.

Edited by [RG] Salutesh

5 minutes ago, dima054 said:

@[RG] Salutesh Even if repair won't save please release that script. Is it exad compliant? <3

Yes it is, i plan to work on this the next days so just stay cool and i will see where it goes. I am at work at the moment so no chance to share something right now.

• Like 2

My progress for today:

20170914002006_1.jpg

Vehicle ammo and also hitpoints are presistent when the server restarts or when the player stores his vehicle into the virtual garage :D.

The vehicle data gets saved into a new table when it is stored into the virtual garage and deleted from the normal vehicle table and backwards wen he takes the car out.

I still have to make some tests but i need some sleep now Y_Y

Edited by [RG] Salutesh
  • Like 4

Advertisement