looonytoonz

trader files

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there is a way to pull a list  {much like the list that infistar puts together within its spawn menus for weapons, vehicles, and ect that are currently available to the server....} to get a listing of all available items for creation of a new trader file or to compare to the one that is in the config.cpp already....? just checking if there is a faster / easier way

Thanks in advance

Not sure what you are talking about. But have you tried CIC traders?

As I said don't understand what you mean. So sorry if this is no help.

Advertisement

Hello LooonyToonz,

Yes and no.  What I mean is that IF ALL items are within a SINGLE file, you can.  Some scripts load stuff thru OTHER FILES.  As such, you need to open and view those separate.

However, if everything is in one file, you can 'copy-n-paste' the  contents from both files to 'Diff Checker'.  This will allow you to see what one is missing/added compared to the other.

If in different files, then (that I am aware), you will have to do a manual comparison.

:)

What about the F3 admin window ...? Is that capable of generating list of items? You can copy and paste from there...

Again this is within infistar. When you go into the spawn menu it has to generate that list somehow. I can only imagine that it is possible to do it from the F3 console window thing.......

I will try to dig into this a little 

When using the spawn item or vehicles part of infistar it also show classnames of items that are not in the config.cpp as they are part of other mod/add ons such as vehicles from the FMP and such.....

There is a script that you can run that's pulls all class names on the server and prints it to the rpt. You run it once, then you copy the bits from the rpt to a text file, and you have a list of everything on your server. I'll see if I can find it.

You're right GFourth,  there is (at one time) a script on here that did that.  It has been over a year I think since it was listed.

Good job!

:)

Found it, it was a post inside another thread:

There are 4 different settings that need to be ran to get a complete list (cfgweapons, ammo, vehicles, etc.), Then just copy & paste to your own txt file.

Edited by gfourth

Advertisement