WolfkillArcadia

(It's happening!) Exile Escape

43 posts in this topic

Not to downplay your efforts, I'm interested in any new content from you guys, and I know that coding and development of new content takes a lots of time and effort. So I'm just curious as to why you've decided to dedicate time to getting in on the PUBG/Battle royal hype, when you could put time into future proofing Exile and working towards a transition to a platform that isn't on deaths door (Arma 3).

Again, no disrespected intended, the project does sound interesting, even if it does lack the originality of vanilla Exile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Arcarsenal said:

Not to downplay your efforts, I'm interested in any new content from you guys, and I know that coding and development of new content takes a lots of time and effort. So I'm just curious as to why you've decided to dedicate time to getting in on the PUBG/Battle royal hype, when you could put time into future proofing Exile and working towards a transition to a platform that isn't on deaths door (Arma 3).

Again, no disrespected intended, the project does sound interesting, even if it does lack the originality of vanilla Exile.

Escape was actually coded a year ago by me during a couple days of boredom. My friends liked it so much we opened up a public dev server for a short time. Unfortunately, due to IRL issues, I had to kill the project. Even with PUBG's release people still ask me for the Escape files regularly. Wolf was kind enough to offer to integrate it into the current version of Exile and help with releasing it to the public as a thank you to our community for their continued support.

I hope that clarifies things.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
27 minutes ago, liulong1314520 said:

Dear EXILE official, I like the Exile Escape project very much. It's a crazy model! Can this server be directly acquired or purchased through donations?! Because I can't wait! I hope I can download it right away! Let's play up to the latest beta version and we can't connect to your server. We are in distant Asia, so could you please get it directly through donation?! Really want to open a server like this!
Thank you!

  Reveal hidden contents

 

This project cannot be purchased. If we get a significant amount of donations towards keeping the Exile forums and XM8 app running we will release the files to the public.

You can donate if you would like but it is not required.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vishpala said:

Escape was actually coded a year ago by me during a couple days of boredom. My friends liked it so much we opened up a public dev server for a short time. Unfortunately, due to IRL issues, I had to kill the project. Even with PUBG's release people still ask me for the Escape files regularly. Wolf was kind enough to offer to integrate it into the current version of Exile and help with releasing it to the public as a thank you to our community for their continued support.

I hope that clarifies things.

 

Cool. Well anything that gains extra hype for Exile is a good thing. Hopefully it brings some us fresh meat. 

And since PUBG sucks, I'll be giving Escape a go. Thanks for responding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@liulong1314520 Exile Escape will be released if the Exile development team receive enough donations from the community before the end of October. On the website landing page, there is a donation goal and button to donate. If we meet the goal, Escape will be released to the community.

Bear in mind that Vishpala never intended it to be formally released to the public so this is a unique opportunity that we are being offered. I encourage everyone to pitch in a few euro's to help get the donation levels up so that we might all be able to enjoy it.

Thanks to Vishpala for allowing the release of the game mode and the Exile dev team for the future efforts required to maintain  it....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vishpala said:

In Escape, it has always been that you get respect on kills and can "purchase" things based on respect. *Subject to change as we are reworking it.

Great work!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys want donations then you should add more content to exile itself and work with the community like how the old team did in the beginning when the mod first came out you guys had plenty of donations back then, this 1 update every 4-6 months is not how you earn donations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, prue420 said:

If you guys want donations then you should add more content to exile itself and work with the community like how the old team did in the beginning when the mod first came out you guys had plenty of donations back then, this 1 update every 4-6 months is not how you earn donations. 

Is a whole new game mode not new content?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, prue420 said:

this 1 update every 4-6 months is not how you earn donations

TBH, as a server admin I'd prefer a quality update every 4-6 months with nice new content and happy developers than a new version once a month with mostly bug fixes and burned out Dev's....

The players on my server are also in agreement and prefer the more stable release cycle we now have as I have more time to add new map content and custom missions for them to explore.

It also gives admins time to customise the servers to make them more unique while also providing a chance to take a breath and possibly enjoy some gaming before the next release cycle. I know a few admins that threw their hands in the air and shut down their servers because it was becoming too hard to keep up with the constant change before we hit 1.0.
 

I also can't see how you couldn't consider a new game mode significant new content.....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.