WolfkillArcadia

(It's happening!) Exile Escape

43 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, prue420 said:

If you guys want donations then you should add more content to exile itself and work with the community like how the old team did in the beginning when the mod first came out you guys had plenty of donations back then, this 1 update every 4-6 months is not how you earn donations. 

I am completely in their opinion. the dev's remove themselves more and more from the basis [survival] .. a shame :(

5 hours ago, 110 said:

I am completely in their opinion. the dev's remove themselves more and more from the basis [survival] .. a shame :(

The Devs are very much active, they're just not posting every day with updates..

It doesn't matter what approach they take, people will always bitch and moan. If they update frequently people will say they're spending too much time on blogs and no enough time developing. If they spend all their time developing without documenting every new addition in real time, people will moan there is no new content being created.

At this point there is realistically very little that can be added to Exile (personal opinion, not that of the Devs) without just adding things for the sake of it. Exile as it stands is a framework with the ability to modify it into pretty much any game mode.

As far as I'm concerned if you or anyone else is finding a lack of content available for Exile (or other game modes/mods) then start creating. Exile has a wealth of content if you only look for it or have the mindset to utilise it.

One final point to make; the Devs are human. They do this in their own time, for free. They all have lives, jobs, families, obligations outside of creating something for free. This isn't their job, it's a hobby, a project to create something for the end user.

With regard to the donations, they do not go to the Devs, they go on the supporting network for the XM8, the website, and the licenses for the software needed to create Exile. These things are not free and without them there would be no Exile and probably never would have been.

• Like 6

Advertisement

I am very excited to see this happening! I will surely be one of the first guys to join and shoot some butts :) Well, most likely I will die running down stairs anyways.

And do not listen to the people that cry a lot. You can present people with a truckload full of diamonds and they will complain they cannot carry all of them at once. And people that do not honor us all having spent more than a year of our lifetime into this nifty little project... well, they can go pay $15 for a rice bag and ambulance DLC.

• Like 11

On 9/21/2017 at 0:20 PM, liulong1314520 said:

Dear EXILE official, I like the Exile Escape project very much. It's a crazy model! Can this server be directly acquired or purchased through donations?! Because I can't wait! I hope I can download it right away! Let's play up to the latest beta version and we can't connect to your server. We are in distant Asia, so could you please get it directly through donation?! Really want to open a server like this!
Thank you!

Reveal hidden contents

Its not in exile yet. Quoted below:

If we raise 1000€ by October 31st, we will make Exile Escape an available game-mode within Exile itself. This means you could host Exile or Exile Escape with one download. 

Once they raise the money they will start adding it directly into exile itself as a game mode. You should see a donation area on the top right of this page for it.

Looking forward to playing this. Hopefully it will bring more players back to Arma3 and to Exile. Battlegrounds seems to be kicking ass with player numbers.

I agree with @kuplion Exile is great as it is right now and can be modded to suit the scenario you like.

If you look at the development of Dayz SA, base building is limited to tents and push bikes havent even made an appearance.

• Like 1

Advertisement