GolovaRaoul

[SOLVED] The Truth about AntiHack

3 posts in this topic

Hello there!

I ran a popular game server for a very long time (PNG), and I just want to say this.
On our game server, we activated BattlEye, but we had almost 0 filters. Meaning that BattlEye was enabled, but it wasn't doing anything! We enabled BattlEye to "bluff", it was utterly useless the way we set it up.

Still, our server did not experience more hackers than regular servers I think. It was not like our server got hacked every week or something, just very occasionally, and I think every ArmA servers gets hacked every now and then.

What I want to say? Just buy infiSTAR already. infiSTAR was the only AntiHack that was protecting our server. He definitely deserves the money you need to pay for it. When I ran an ArmA 2 Overpoch server I would go to google and search "download infistar arma 2 antihack free", but you will just get an outdated version which is not good.

Your server will be protected if you just buy infiSTAR and make sure it's up to date.

I did not want to say this until our server gets shut down, so here you go. BattlEye is useless, buy infiSTAR.

Hope I can help anyone out with this information :)
GolovaRaoul

• Like 2

BattlEye is a security layer, and is definitely not useless but a pain in the ass to work with, but if it's setup correctly it's actually doing a decent job. infiSTAR however has multiple layers of security, all from scanning etc etc, which BattlEye doesn't. 

But BattlEye is definitely not useless. 

• Like 4

On 19-9-2017 at 7:26 PM, ka0s said:

BattlEye is a security layer, and is definitely not useless but a pain in the ass to work with, but if it's setup correctly it's actually doing a decent job. infiSTAR however has multiple layers of security, all from scanning etc etc, which BattlEye doesn't. 

But BattlEye is definitely not useless. 

Yeah your right. BattlEye is not useless. But I ran a popular game server with only infiSTAR and it worked fine...

Advertisement