LordRampantHump

Loot Search Exile

102 posts in this topic

Advertisement
5 hours ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

Really nobody willing to clarify that confusion?

Hi

I think the problem is that different people want different results from the same base concept. In reality, the base concept is all anyone needs to get to looting just about anything.

The original post was made with the hope that somone would take example from the lars loot search script and build from that and I believe thats what @Kurewe did.

In his script: HERE---------------------%3E

He is focused on apples but that is defined by his apple trees array: AppleTrees = [ "t_malus1s.p3d" ];

You could change the model or build the array to add whatever models you like

Running the following in the debug console while looking at an item in the editor will give you the information you want:

copyToClipboard str getModelInfo cursorObject select 0 ;

I hope this helps you get on track with your own creation!

To add further, you could build a simple switch case and give different loot depending on what the object is See: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/switch_do

Edited by LordRampantHump
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, LordRampantHump said:

Running the following in the debug console while looking at an item in the editor will give you the information you want:

copyToClipboard str getModelInfo cursorObject select 0 ;

I hope this helps you get on track with your own creation!

Not really, seems that i am too dumb... xD

I really tried everything, tried that too, ends up with an error message.

I searched the whole web, for days now, for the classname of the banana plants(or any classnames of any Apex plants) that are standing in the banana plantations on Tanoa, so i could change the script from apple picking to banana picking. Couldn´t even test the apple picker script because there seem to be no apple trees on Tanoa. But somehow some classnames are a miracle, harder to find than icicles in a desert. And it seems that if people have them or could get them easily, they don´t want to share them with others. Because there is no list of Apex plants classnames, nowhere.

Now i can just hope for somebody who will offer me the grace and tell me the classname of that plant.

In the meantime i try some other things with the script and classnames one could find, like for the garbage stuff, sacks, toilet box etc.

Thank you very much for your help.

Btw, how about some coconuts for your items pack? For the big coconut palms on Tanoa.

But then i would end up with the same problem and would have to beg for the classname of the coconut palms... xD

43 minutes ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

But then i would end up with the same problem and would have to beg for the classname of the coconut palms... xD

Every body HAS to learn... the trick is learning it just once!

@Kurewe 's post should have you covered

• Like 2

I really try to learn, but if you come to a point where nothing works and you can´t find anything in the web, after days, sometimes it is better to ask than to throw the computer out of the window and rage quit.

So, i started the editor(i have no idea about the editor, right now i am learning the whole addon and scripts things and my head is already exploding , then i can go over to the editor stuff), loaded Tanoa, pressed play mission and ended up in something like screenshot mode. There the trick with the debug console didn´t work. As i said, i never had to work with the editor yet, tried it once and failed miserably, tried it again now, and failed again miserably... xD

I am really willing to learn so i wouldn´t have to ask in forums, to search the web for days without success, wouldn´t have to be stuck on installing mods and addons to my server, for days or weeks. But i don´t know anybody personally that could help me with things like this, my friends are all simple gamers, like i am. If they see what i do, they look at me as if i would be Sheldon Cooper.... xD  My father teached me to ask for help if needed, he said:

If you don´t ask, nobody can help you. And how will you learn if nobody teaches you, if you can´t ask somebody for help?

Unfortunately i am not Sheldon Cooper and i have to learn step by step. And at the moment it´s all a bit much.

But thank you both for your help again, i will see what i can make out of it!!!

:rock:

Edit:

LOL, now i got it, i was so confused that i even didn´t check the little hint about Kurewes last post... Checked the pics right now and now i am feeling like a lil child on christmas eve!!!!

Big, big thanks again to you both!!!

Edited by AlienfromouterSpace
  • Like 2

I wanted to tell you guys that the fruit picker(bananas for me, because there are no apples on Tanoa, as it seems xD) works flawless!!!

Great addition to our server!

And i had the LARs Loot Search running, worked for some lootplaces. But there was one thing i couldn´t figure out. Maybe it´s because i am on Tanoa and there are the wrong .p3d models? Installed and uninstalled it several times, everything worked so far but i have a red line, looking like a laserbeam, as it seems coming out of my head when i have the Loot Search installed. Couldn´t find out what it could be initiated by. Had anybody else that problem and could fix it?

I am stuck so i can´t use the Loot Search for now, unfortunately. If the wrong .p3d models are the cause, i can fix it by myself. 

But if not, i don´t know what causes this and how i can fix it.

I know that i ask a bit much for help, but we really want to use this Search Loot function... :D

1 hour ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

And i had the LARs Loot Search running, worked for some lootplaces. But there was one thing i couldn´t figure out. Maybe it´s because i am on Tanoa and there are the wrong .p3d models? Installed and uninstalled it several times, everything worked so far but i have a red line, looking like a laserbeam, as it seems coming out of my head when i have the Loot Search installed. Couldn´t find out what it could be initiated by. Had anybody else that problem and could fix it?

The laser beam can be "hidden" by finding this line in the LARs " fn_initSearch.sqf "

drawLine3D[ ASLToAGL eyePos player, (( ASLToAGL eyePos player ) vectorAdd ( getCameraViewDirection player vectorMultiply LARs_searchDistance )), [1,0,0,1] ];

And changing it to:

drawLine3D[ ASLToAGL eyePos player, (( ASLToAGL eyePos player ) vectorAdd ( getCameraViewDirection player vectorMultiply LARs_searchDistance )), [1,0,0,0] ];

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlienfromouterSpace said:

i have a red line, looking like a laserbeam, as it seems coming out of my head when i have the Loot Search installed.

LOL YES  thats a debug line of sight, as @Kurewe says just remove or change it. However.. you might be better using his script, just make a few changes and add the trash piles or whatever you want. A simple switch statement would dish out different loot depending on the object. You could loot anything and all under one script.

Edited by LordRampantHump
  • Like 2

Advertisement