LordRampantHump

Loot Search Exile

102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oldmatechoc said:

Ahhh I thought I was missing some :P

A couple of others are working on this as well. Here's the most up-to-date version

https://github.com/salutesh/Exile_Scavenge?files=1

Thanks for sharing this :)

Is it possible to add Exitem_canteen to the water scavenge too so that it would be possible to fill either a canteen or plastic bottle at the source and return the respective item with dirty water?

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Diddl3s said:

Is it possible to add Exitem_canteen to the water scavenge too so that it would be possible to fill either a canteen or plastic bottle at the source and return the respective item with dirty water?

we are still rearranging stuff and adding stuff in atm so it's not something you can use and run without worry yet.

there are talks about to add canteen as well but before that we need to restructure things around to habe a good working framework.

you might be able to go add canteen item in yourself if you kind of understand the context of the script by reading it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Diddl3s said:

Just a thought... I also use Extended Items Exile and I just created recipes like the ones for the plastic bottles. On my server, because of the recipes, you can then fill the canteen at a water cooler or well pump to get clean water. You can also fill them with dirty water at the appropriate places.

6 hours ago, Diddl3s said:

Personally I don't use the scavenge water. Its much the same as the exile fill water but with a 50% fail.

Salutesh is going towards the hold actions, but for me they dont seem to work (most likely user error on my end lol)  so I'm sticking to addAction but I've merged Salutesh's config.cpp and Yukihito23's water and woodlog changes to my github, So people can take their pick :D

7 minutes ago, oldmatechoc said:

Personally I don't use the scavenge water. Its much the same as the exile fill water but with a 50% fail.

Salutesh is going towards the hold actions, but for me they dont seem to work (most likely user error on my end lol)  so I'm sticking to addAction but I've merged Salutesh's config.cpp and Yukihito23's water and woodlog changes to my github, So people can take their pick :D

Well the holdaction error was a mistake on my end 9_9. But it should work with version 0.2 now.

Edited by [RG] Salutesh

I have butchered LordRampantHumps Apple Picking script in order to come up with a simple'ish script for filling water at pumps via scroll wheel and playing a sound. I'm sure it contains some unnecessary bits and also lacks some more but could anyone offer some help in order to differentiate the canteen from the plastic bottle?

As it stands, the script does the following:

- Must have an Empty Plastic Bottle and also an Empty Canteen in your inventory

- Menu comes up to 'Fill Water Bottle' at pumps

- Empty Plastic Bottle is removed / Empty Canteen is removed

- Plastic Bottle (Dirty Water) is added / Canteen (Dirty Water) is added

Spoiler

private["_canAdd","_canAdd2"];

Bottle = [ "Exile_Item_PlasticBottleDirtyWater" ];
Canteen = [ "Exitem_canteen_dirty" ];

if (ExileClientPlayerIsInCombat) exitWith {    ["ErrorTitleAndText", ["It's not safe to pump water!"]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;};
if !(player getVariable "canloot") exitWith {["ErrorTitleOnly", ["You cannot pump water just yet!"]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;};
if !("Exile_Item_PlasticBottleEmpty" in (magazines player)) exitWith {["ErrorTitleOnly", ["You don't have any empty Water Bottles."]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;};
if !("Exitem_canteen" in (magazines player)) exitWith {["ErrorTitleOnly", ["You don't have any empty Canteen."]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;};
if !(alive player) exitWith {};
player setVariable [ "canloot",false];
player playMove "AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon_medic";
playSound "fillwater";
uiSleep 6;

if ("Exile_Item_PlasticBottleEmpty" in magazines player) then {
    player removeMagazine "Exile_Item_PlasticBottleEmpty";
    ["SuccessTitleOnly", ["Water bottle filled!"]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;
        _item = Bottle call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
        _canAdd = [player, _item] call ExileClient_util_playerCargo_canAdd;
        if (_canAdd) then {
            player addMagazine [ _item, 1 ];
        }
        else
        {
            _wh addItemCargoGlobal [ _item, 1];
        };
    player setVariable ["canloot",true];
}
else
{
    ["ErrorTitleOnly", ["You had trouble refilling water! Try again!"]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;
};

if ("Exitem_canteen" in magazines player) then {
    player removeMagazine "Exitem_canteen";
    ["SuccessTitleOnly", ["Water bottle filled!"]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;
        _item2 = Canteen call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
        _canAdd2 = [player, _item2] call ExileClient_util_playerCargo_canAdd;
        if (_canAdd2) then {
            player addMagazine [ _item2, 1 ];
        }
        else
        {
            _wh addItemCargoGlobal [ _item2, 1];
        };

}
else
{
    ["ErrorTitleOnly", ["You had trouble refilling water! Try again!"]] call ExileClient_gui_toaster_addTemplateToast;
};

Ideally, it would check if you have a plastic bottle or canteen in inventory and fill one of them separately.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Edited by Diddl3s

25 minutes ago, Diddl3s said:

could anyone offer some help in order to differentiate the canteen from the plastic bottle?

I'm not sure you'll be able to accomplish the differentiation using one file for the action script, when using my original re-work of the apple picking script. One way to accomplish that would be to separate it out into two files, one for the bottle(s) and one for canteen(s). fill_plasticbottle.sqf and fill_canteen.sqf

Then, have an individual "player addaction" for each.

However, as we move along and expand on my original re-work, @[RG] Salutesh and @oldmatechoc may already be incorporating something along these lines.

Edited by Kurewe
  • Like 1

Advertisement