chrispools

player spawns with same gear on other maps

Question

Hello everyone. I have recently created my LAN server for Exile using a fantastic tutorial I got from here, great work I might add. It runs fine but I have a question (or 2). I have tried to search for an answer but to no avail. The search results dont bring up what i am asking. So here goes. I tried the Atlis map and all was well, so i logged out and loaded up the Tanoa one. after altering  the releveant file.The problem is the same charcater I had in the Atlis one, is transfered to the Tanoa on, with the same items, loot, guns etc. Is this normal, and can it be rectified so I can "start afresh" on each mission I play? Many thanks guys and great work

5 answers to this question

I think you need separate database for each map then. And i think you will have shared objects and vehicles as well.

Edited by dima054

Advertisement

Hello ChrisPools,

As both have said, you have to have a separate DB for EVERY map.  What I do, as my server is right next to me, was to create a batch file which 'swapped' out the DB's depending on which map was being loaded.  This was done before ARMA was started.

Regardless of how you do it, you will need a new DB for each new map.

:)

Thanks for the reply. I tried to export mysql schemas to a folder on the desktop, but it just gets an error. I managed to create another dbase  using the Atlis map which worked fine. Trouble Using batch files is beyond my scope. Doesn't the schema currently in use have the option to "save as" so it can be loaded up again from where you left off?

hmm, this is odd. I managed to eaport the scheema data to a folder with no errors, but when I import it back it says there is no data?

Edit. Sotred guys. I had to add the line; " CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `exile` to my  dumped sql file and it loaded fine.

Thanks for the all the advice

Edited by chrispools
solution ound

Advertisement