Super Jerome

[Release] USS Nimitz Occupation

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sgtmatty123 said:

Looks Epic! Any chance you could port it to Napf? 

*Edit* Dont worry i thought it was for dms missions. I can port it over myself :)

I can give you my DMS port for Chernarus to start with if you want.

How did you get the nimitz work with all functions? I put it in the server root (@USSNimitz) added the key and the mod parameter (@USSNimitz). I can place it in the editor and Everything works but on the server only the escalator works but not the catshot, wire interaction etc. 

I added both carrier and the uss freedom works without problems.

I added it tgis way and they also spawn.

Spoiler

if (isServer) then {
diag_log ":: Spawning Carrier";
//  Spawn Carrier
private _obj = ["Land_Carrier_01_base_F", [13261.5, 14312.7, -2.2], [080.031, 0.0417459, 0], [0, 0, 1], true];
private _vehicle = (_obj select 0) createVehicle (_obj select 1);
_vehicle allowDamage false;
_vehicle setPosWorld (_obj select 1);
_vehicle setVectorDirAndUp [_obj select 2, _obj select 3];
[_vehicle] call BIS_fnc_Carrier01PosUpdate;

// Broadcast Carrier ID over network
missionNamespace setVariable ["USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER",_vehicle]; publicVariable "USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER";
_vehicle enableSimulationGlobal true;

} else {
	[] spawn {
		// Clients wait for carrier
		waitUntil { !(isNull (missionNamespace getVariable ["USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER",objNull])) };

// Work around for missing carrier data not being broadcast as expected
		if (count (USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER getVariable ["bis_carrierParts", []]) == 0) then {
			["Carrier %1 is empty. Client Fixing.",str "bis_carrierParts"] call BIS_fnc_logFormatServer;
			private _carrierPartsArray = (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER >> "multiStructureParts") call BIS_fnc_getCfgDataArray;
			private _partClasses = _carrierPartsArray apply {_x select 0};
			private _nearbyCarrierParts = nearestObjects [USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER,_partClasses,500];
			{
				private _carrierPart = _x;
				private _index = _forEachIndex;
				{
					if ((_carrierPart select 0) isEqualTo typeOf _x) exitWith { _carrierPart set [0,_x]; };
				} forEach _nearbyCarrierParts;
				_carrierPartsArray set [_index,_carrierPart];
			} forEach _carrierPartsArray;
			USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER setVariable ["bis_carrierParts",_nearbyCarrierParts];
			["Carrier %1 was empty. Now contains %2.",str "bis_carrierParts",USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER getVariable ["bis_carrierParts", []]] call BIS_fnc_logFormatServer;
		};

// Client Initiate Carrier Actions with slight delay to ensure carrier is sync'd
		[USS_FREEDOM_CARRIER] spawn { sleep 1; _this call BIS_fnc_Carrier01Init};
	};
};

Edited by Auoryus

Advertisement
10 minutes ago, Auoryus said:

@Super Jerome How exactly do I add the in the editor? And where do I "save" the activated modules in the exported code? Guess I need to use a function on it when I spawn the vehicle/object.

Thanks for the reply!

You have to save the modules with your mission.sqm after you drop them in. Below is a picture of where they are in Eden.

nimitz modules.PNG

• Like 2

@Super Jerome

Thank you thank you thank you... 

Feeling stupid right now even though I searched for 2 days.

I have 2 more questions:

1. I placed the modules I want and saved it. How/What exactly do I copy/merge to my exile server mission file?

2. In this mission.sqm from the editor, will the carrier be spawned or do i still need to spawn it seperatly? 

@Auoryus

1. Check the Eden section out in the guide within my signature. Just paste your Exile.Altis (example) in your missions folder.

2. You must spawn the Nimitz in via Eden using mission.sqm. All other objects can be exported to initServer, however the Nimitz can not.

3. Yes you can merge mission.sqm if necessary. I highly recommend that whatever pbo is using the Nimitz is the same one that is loading on server start.

@Super Jerome Hmm I still have a question now, when I export the mission.sqm its a totally other format than my exile.mission.

Is there a way to convert it? I tried to write the correct lines to my mission.sqm but then it doesnt load the mission file haha.

3 hours ago, Auoryus said:

@Super Jerome Hmm I still have a question now, when I export the mission.sqm its a totally other format than my exile.mission.

Is there a way to convert it? I tried to write the correct lines to my mission.sqm but then it doesnt load the mission file haha.

What map are you using?

Advertisement