Razor77

FPS

Question

Hi all

I am beginning to get a fps drop on the servers, they start out ok but as they get to the end of the 4 hour cycle they lower quite a lot, it may be due to the amount of mods and scripts we run but I was wondering what is the best way to monitor the servers to try to find out what might be having the biggest effect on the fps.  Is it just a case of removing mods one by one and trial and error.

Cheers

4 answers to this question

It's very normal that your server FPS drops! I quickly looked up your most busy server and that one gets around 12 players max (Napf). You are running a PVE server. So you probably have LOTS of Ai. Haven't been on your server myself but looking at your server name and 'PVE' tells me you probably do.

Stuff like TRYK or a weapon mod like MAS doesn't seem to impact server FPS at all. Is your server FPS above 15? If it is above 15 it should be ok.

Anyway, back to your question. You can use infiSTAR to view server stats. It's an option in the in-game admin menu, it's called 'Show server information' or something? It shows you amount of alive Ai, amount of players, amount of constructions...

@Eichi once posted a very usefull post about guidelines for your arma server, like it should not be more then x server threads, not more then x amount of constructions but I could not find this.

Anyway did you try freezing Ai with the DMS option? :)

• Like 1

yes you are correct we use a lot of AI, it does stay above 15 fps near the end.  I will take a look at the amount of ai we use.  I think we only freeze dms ai currently  Thanks for the info.

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, Razor77 said:

yes you are correct we use a lot of AI, it does stay above 15 fps near the end.  I will take a look at the amount of ai we use.  I think we only freeze dms ai currently  Thanks for the info.

Np, you can try posting your server stats here as a screenshot and we can maybe spot something else ;)

• Like 1

Advertisement