-=Toxic=-

[SOLVED] Exile License / XM8

4 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

i am working on scripts for Exile that change the default behaviour for the server i play on. This sometimes requires to alter the original exile code. Usually those scripts are within the missionfile, but i want to move the scripts to an addon and distribute the addon via Steam. So this is where i am not sure if i am allowed to, because of the "No Derrivates" license. The Exilemod still will be needed to use the addon.

The Second question i have is if it is possible to get information how the XM8 discord bot works and eventually to get the source code (if needed) because i would like to evaluate the possibility to connect it to my teamspeak and the webserver without using discord.

Cheers

Toxic

7 hours ago, -=Toxic=- said:

i am working on scripts for Exile that change the default behaviour for the server i play on. This sometimes requires to alter the original exile code. Usually those scripts are within the missionfile, but i want to move the scripts to an addon and distribute the addon via Steam. So this is where i am not sure if i am allowed to, because of the "No Derrivates" license. The Exilemod still will be needed to use the addon.

We appreciate you asking, so long as you do not rebrand the code as something else and the proper credits are given, we don't have an issue with it. 
Do not upload Exile Mod in it's entirety to steam, as this is against our license, but a few overwritten functions won't be an issue. :) 

7 hours ago, -=Toxic=- said:

The Second question i have is if it is possible to get information how the XM8 discord bot works and eventually to get the source code (if needed) because i would like to evaluate the possibility to connect it to my teamspeak and the webserver without using discord.

Due to how how the XM8 service works, the source code will not be available to the public. 

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thank you very much.
I will not upload Exile to Steam, but only the addon i am working on. (Even not sure about this, because i found the reason why you did not upload the code, and i also do not like that Steam get all permissions on the code.)
The code will also not be rebranded, as i am not the owner, i just alter it.

And no problem with the XM8. I missed in the past, that XM8 is an "only" an extension that gets called from the server, so basically i understand how it works.

Advertisement