Slider

Vehicles disapear when towing

Question

Hi, Not sure what the issue is, but it seems when you tow a vehicle the towed vehicle disappears, then comes back at restart.

Would anyone know where I should start looking to solve the issue, I'm using R3F mod and can find nothing to indicate the issue in there.

Seems only to happen when towing using a mission reward Vehicle or any non persistent vehicles.

Edited by Slider

8 answers to this question

I get the same issue, but it only happens with an AI vehicle, either towing or being towed, the vehicle being towed simply disappears when you exit the vehicle.

Yup, issue is still there. I take it no one else is having this issue or would know how to fix it.
Not sure if its a mod issue, Infistar or what, but its very annoying.

Advertisement

It happens from time to time.  If you are on Tanoa the vehicles actually fall through the wood bridges.  I've even had them sink into the ground where only the roof was visible.

Im having the issue with r3f towing , can be AI vehicle or purchased vehicle .. what towing is everyone using >> ?? R3F or Advanced towing ..  the map is not the issue .. and it sometimes is on the way to trader .. sometimes at the trader .. seems to be mostly when you exit the vehicle you are towing with.. Im thinking it may be R3F .. really hate to switch to advanced towing

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

R3F here.. I took out the Roaming AI vehicles and it seems to have solved the issue.. no more vanishing of any towed Vehicles.

I found this was happening as part of the DMS or Occupation vehicle cleanup timing. We watched closely long enough and realised you could time it from the time of AI all dead/mission complete to the time the vehicles would be disappear. In my case, it was only the non-persistent vehicles that were experiencing this.

Not only did I extend the DMS cleanup but we also found that once you've claimed the vehicles using the scripts on here and locked/unlocked then once, they seem to be fine and don't disappear.

Not sure if it's the same issue the others on this post are having but it might help....

• Like 1

Advertisement