dekela

[Release] XP Tax

35 posts in this topic

this script works perfectly you prob already got 1 override of 1 of the files if you merge this together in 1 and disable 1 of them in config it should be working

Advertisement

I have multiple servers. First install worked fine. Great script! Second server gives -Any Respect toast when purchasing an item. Worked fine on first server, showed exactly the amount of respect deducted with purchase. Second server, shows amount of pop tabs deducted, but respect deduction says -Any Respect.

Anyone else have this issue?

Do both servers have identical file structure or has second server been modified? Are your item price/quality listed under the CfgExileArsenal for the second server? 

Edited by dekela

One server has all the default arsenal in the config, the other(which has the issue) has separate file folders for traders, called traders, where everything has it's own folder. cupsarmed vics in one folder, apex in another, exile in another folder,etc, so the trader menus in game are organized for easy player navigation. It removes XP for some vehicles, but not all of them, and I haven't been spent enough time narrowing down which class/classes are not working.

There will be the issue.  The overwrite takes the price and quality fromCfgExileArsenal. If they are in other files, it has no way of finding it, hence the -any

So how is it working for some and not others, when my entire cfgarsenal is in separate folders? There's maybe 10 lines total to my cfgarsenal section, and it's all pointing to folders that contain the lists. 

class CfgExileArsenal
{
    #include "TRADERS\APEX\ItemListAPEX.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\ARMA3V\ItemListARMA3V.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\ARMA3W\ItemListARMA3W.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUNITS\ItemListCUNITS.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUPV\ItemListCUPV.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUPW\ItemListCUPW.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUSTOM\ItemListCUSTOM.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\EBM\ItemListEBM.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\Exile\ItemListExile.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\FMP\ItemListFMP.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\PODS\ItemListPODS.hpp"
};

i dont know why its working for some. i know it was designed to work with the stock Exile  CfgExileArsenal within the config.cpp

the scripts function cant be guaranteed when adding, removing or altering files.

do all those hpp's have both a price and quality column with data in each EG { quality = 4; price = 950; sellPrice = 475; };? 

and while you may feel this system is 'better' or 'easier', it is in fact more complicated when Exile is trying to find what it needs. instead of multiple #includes it would be just as easy and probably better to break the CfgExileArsenal up into sections with headings EG:

////////////////////

/// ItemListAPEX

////////////////////

////////////////////

/// ItemListARMA3W

////////////////////

etc

and to better organize the categories in the trader menu, try adding, removing or altering  the various classes within the class CfgTraderCategories 

It was organized this way, so when the player go to the trader, he can use dropdown menu to proceed exactly to what type of item, like an apex backpack/scope, or a cup armed/unarmed vehicle. I am very willing to try anything that may be more efficient, or easier. I will give this a try on one of my servers and see if it works, and watch the metrics/data and see if there's a performance variation as well. Thanks for all you do, kind sir!

Advertisement