Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Extend Lock on InfiSTAR

Question

Any way to extend the lock time of infiSTAR?

When my server boots, you can get in, but the custom items in the world take a few minutes to spawn in the correct places.

6 answers to this question

There ain't option for that nor a timer, infistar is looking for PublicServerIsLoaded - once that done, server get unlocked.

You for sure could add an extra timer into infi postinit but i'm not even sure if the object placement isn't more related to the client not "seeing" it properly loaded - idk.

Remember, the server does not SEE these objects...the CLIENT does.

Based on what you state, I would look at the client and/or reducing other items such as AI, vehicles, number/sizes of bases, etc.

Another thing to consider in the speed and connection for the SQL server, if these custom objects are stored in the DB,

And lastly, look at speeding up the client side; ISP, disk defragmentation, background processes, memory, cpu speed, etc.

ANYTHING that is placed on the map that is not there by default, MUST BE LOADED by the client.  SP, MP, epoch, Exile, ANY mission.  And the more 'stuff' you have, the LONGER IT WILL TAKE.  Sadly, in ARMA today, there is no way around it.  About the closest thing you can get would be to 'black out' the player's screen, allow stuff to load, then 'restore the screen'.  But that is not a 'real' fix.  What happens if someone see the player and kills them?  Not a good option.

My suggestion would be to reduce the number of 'eye candy' and/or other objects.

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement
33 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Remember, the server does not SEE these objects...the CLIENT does.

Exactly that!

But there is a strange behaviour for baseparts - sometimes, server restarted fresh - you log into the server near/in a base and some walls are twisted 45°, it's not only a visual glitch, cuz you can walk thru, where the wall should be standing normally.

After 1 minute or so, the wall get placed in the correct position :)

Happens rarely but from time to time i see it

Edited by WURSTKETTE

That is due to the client computer not placing parts immediately.  When ARMA spawns in items, they are spawned in at zero degrees, then rotated to the proper angle.  They should be spawning in at the angle set for.  If saved/spawned at 45 degrees:

Current:  Spawn in at 0 degrees, then rotate to 45 degrees

Should be:  Spawn in at 45 degrees

This is (was) the main reason people's vehicles explode in bases.  They spawn in, rotate, and hit something during the rotation...and POOF!  ;)  This is also why you may have heard people recommend to park your vehicles facing north too...  ;)

Even in SP, you can see this happen.  If I create a SP mission which has a lot of AI ALONE, and spawn in a vehicle, at times, it will 'pause' and I can see it facing north, then rotate.  I personally have witnessed this in my own created SP missions quite a number of times.

That behavior is 100% on the client or the server having too many items on it.

To my best knowledge, the only way to 'correct this' is by re-coding ARMA, as the spawning is set/done by the engine itself sadly...

:)

Thanks for the update, yes my situation is I have a fairly elaborately constructed trader. (stored in initserver.spf)  And at the start all the custom pieces are all over the place. Oh well, it is what it is.

Advertisement