JerryAtricks

Weird - Real Player Turns Into an NPC

Question

So a clanmate and I are on my server after a restart. When we got back in, our vehicles had disappeared. He had a Scorcher. No big deal, I spawn him a new persistent one. He gets in, switches to the artillery computer and says he's stuck, he can't move. He can only leave the vehicle. Looking in infiSTAR he's not even listed in the players list. (weird) I have him relog. When he does, his player turns into an AI player named Tavoularis. Tavoularis is now listed as a regular player and is on my team along with my clanmate who has since rejoined. Also, apparently became team leader when my clanmate left and Tavoularis follows me where ever I go. So my clanmate tries shooting him but Tavoularis is immune to his bullets. I tried deleting him by infiSTAR says I cannot delete a player. So I shoot him and I am able to kill him. The two minute bleedout goes by and Tavoularis respawns where he died as a bambi player. I still cannot see him in the players list and this time he is not on the team and I am now able to delete him. He does not return after that.

Weird, right?

20171228184933_1.jpg

4 answers to this question

Not as 'weird' as you may think!  ;)

In epoch and in Exile , when a player spawns in, they 'start life' as a NPC.  Then, the NPC becomes 'possessed' by the player.  This is how it is supposed to work.  This is the purpose of all of the AI you see on an island (usually) on the epoch/Exile mission maps.

BUT, if the client fails in network communication during this process, you will have a 'zombie' on your hands.  Sometimes, you can kill it via normal means, other times thru InfiSTAR.  Sometimes it will have 'god mode', other times it will not.  Sometimes, you can even 'command them'.

In the worse cases, you have to 'kill' the player thru the DB.  After your server reboots, have them try again.  If it still happens, you will need to 'kill them' via the DB.

It happens and it is not common, it does happen though...  About 2 years ago, epoch had a real big issue with this.

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

Advertisement

You're welcome!  It does not happen too much anymore.

I had a similar issue with my player.  I would spawn in and be dead.  Re-spawn, come back in, and be dead.  Over and over.  I had to go to the DB and 'kill myself' in the DB too.

For you though, this does not happen too much anymore, so do not worry about it being a 'problem'.

Do note, this is NOT to say that you have some 'misbehaving' mod/script causing this though...

;)

Do note, this is NOT to say that you have some 'misbehaving' mod/script causing this though...

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I have a few glitches on my server that I'm still trying to iron out yet. (look up my posts and maybe you can help?) Nothing game breaking though. 

Advertisement