Super Jerome

Will it ever stop?

26 posts in this topic

I wouldn't say everyone is lazy. I'm by no means a "dev" or "coder" but I can manage to piece things together somewhat. When I was making my first server I ran into some problems here and there of course. I came on here to ask a few questions but most of the time it went unanswered. I went on the Discord and it went unanswered, along with snarky comments. Even recently now that I been getting back into it I was on Discord seeking help for something and I had to deal with flak from people. It felt more like it was "Hey, look at this retard! Let's pick on him!" then it was any support. Eventually I got the help I was looking for but not without dealing with a bunch of BS. I didn't ask a million questions that day, I had just 1 simple question.

So in a way I can honestly say sometimes I would rather pay someone most of the time then have to with the BS that comes along when you seek help.

My 2 cents & experiences.

Edited by jimmya3
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jimmya3 said:

I wouldn't say everyone is lazy. I'm by no means a "dev" or "coder" but I can manage to piece things together somewhat. When I was making my first server I ran into some problems here and there of course. I came on here to ask a few questions but most of the time it went unanswered. I went on the Discord and it went unanswered, along with snarky comments. Even recently now that I been getting back into it I was on Discord seeking help for something and I had to deal with flak from people. It felt more like it was "Hey, look at this retard! Let's pick on him!" then it was any support. Eventually I got the help I was looking for but not without dealing with a bunch of BS. I didn't ask a million questions that day, I had just 1 simple question.

So in a way I can honestly say sometimes I would rather pay someone most of the time then have to with the BS that comes along when you seek help.

My 2 cents & experiences.

There's a key word mission from your post you TRIED. Atleast you put forth some effort, my discontent comes from those who simply go for the easy way out. 

Gawd dangit, I said I was done ranting....:$

• Like 1

Advertisement
On 1/12/2018 at 4:35 AM, Super Jerome said:

There's a key word mission from your post you TRIED. Atleast you put forth some effort, my discontent comes from those who simply go for the easy way out. 

Gawd dangit, I said I was done ranting....:$

Even us that tries and still dont succeed struggle with getting help with exile community,  it is pretty harsh to "dumb" question.  But for someone who dont know it is not a dumb question :P .  There will always be people who want other todo their work, for many reason's.  I got luckey though with help since my brother know more about coding then i do, so that helps also.   I have learned alot in the 1.5 year we have had a server running. Know a bit about coding now ;)  but can not make my own script,  usally copy&paste or alter the mods config files.   And there been 0.00001% help from here unfortunally when asking question. 

Running a server do take alot of time,  and for thoose who think it will be piece of cake,   well you are up for a fun learning experience ;).

• Like 2

On 1/12/2018 at 10:55 PM, odizzzzle said:

I know the answer to this..  Millennials..

Please tell me that's sarcasm... I'm nearly 30 and a millennial... people act like we're still teenagers or something... 

Twitter-how-many-times-do-we-have-55610b.png

Edited by papahyooie

Advertisement