Razzmatazz

A Word Against Grinding/Safe Hacking

44 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, dima054 said:

3 pages of spam. Bambies afraid of a RRRRRRRAID.
Can't you just configure the shit at your servers? Or find servers which are configured as you want? Do you ever read your config file before starting your own [XXX] Exile Server? Do you know how overrides work? Do you know how to edit your loot tables or traders? Do you know how in-text search works?
Please stop wasting our time.

Lmao! Well said! As i said before, people can set up their server how they like it. Thats the beauty of hosting a server... You get to play on a server that is set up differently from the last because each owner has a different vision and opinion. 

1 hour ago, Razzmatazz said:

I've played on servers with lock grinding and safe hacking, used those features more than they were used against me, and still found it to be overall detrimental to the experience. Pardon me for posting some constructive criticism in the "Constructive Criticism" forum. I didn't realize that was frowned upon.

Also, Razz. There is a difference between constructive criticism and just plain moaning about new features... Your original post literally says "Don't add this because I don't like it" Followed by all the reasons why you don't like these new features. 
Constructive criticism is where you tell them what is bad about something in a nice way and tell them how it could be improved. Not just "Take it out". 

Now, to put an end to this, please take a look at the links i provide. They contain the configs for ExAd's Grinding, Hacking and Virtual Garage, to give you all a clear idea of what options will be included and how owners and/or admins can set their servers up. Adjusting times and what not s already a part of the configs.

Grinding: https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd/blob/master/mpmissions/Exile.Altis/ExAdClient/Grinding/customize.sqf

Hacking: https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd/blob/master/mpmissions/Exile.Altis/ExAdClient/Hacking/customize.sqf

Virtual Garage: https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd/blob/master/mpmissions/Exile.Altis/ExAdClient/VirtualGarage/customize.sqf

Since none of you know how to research something, now you can all see what config options we are likely to see. You're Welcome.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info, monkeynutz. Maybe we're operating from different definitions, but I'd say that players explaining why they view a feature as detrimental to the game counts as constructive criticism. It'd be one thing if people just said "this sucks, I hate it." But it's another thing entirely when people provide detailed reasons for their positions. Or so I thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

I've read many incorrect assumptions about the new features we are adding. 

As with all our other releases, we will be doing public testing before release. Please come and help test the new features so you can give accurate feedback. Also, there will be a detailed dev blog about all the changes. 

But, everything is configurable and ultimately up to server owners to adjust how they want.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 4:59 PM, Vishpala said:

I've read many incorrect assumptions about the new features we are adding. 

As with all our other releases, we will be doing public testing before release. Please come and help test the new features so you can give accurate feedback. Also, there will be a detailed dev blog about all the changes. 

But, everything is configurable and ultimately up to server owners to adjust how they want.

We been running exad hacking and grinding on our server.  players like it.  The way we have set it up is that that grinding takes less then big momma,  around same time as metal and longer time then wood charges(breaching a wall 3 charges).  Explosive is easier to find and build,  Batteries is loot only and harder to find.  We also made server rules regarding stuff.  f.eks.   there must be door/gate/drawbridge access to evry room.  But we do not limit the amount of walls/doors then can place after each other.

This works pretty fine, since player can decide on were to protect what.  We also dont allow using walls as entrence were they move,  We can never check evrything all the time though ;).    So having hacking/grinding/ VG configurable in the config around same way exad have theirs gives server owner tons of oppertunity to adjust it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 8:24 AM, Monkeynutz said:

Lmao! Well said! As i said before, people can set up their server how they like it. Thats the beauty of hosting a server... You get to play on a server that is set up differently from the last because each owner has a different vision and opinion. 

Also, Razz. There is a difference between constructive criticism and just plain moaning about new features... Your original post literally says "Don't add this because I don't like it" Followed by all the reasons why you don't like these new features. 
Constructive criticism is where you tell them what is bad about something in a nice way and tell them how it could be improved. Not just "Take it out". 

Now, to put an end to this, please take a look at the links i provide. They contain the configs for ExAd's Grinding, Hacking and Virtual Garage, to give you all a clear idea of what options will be included and how owners and/or admins can set their servers up. Adjusting times and what not s already a part of the configs.

Grinding: https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd/blob/master/mpmissions/Exile.Altis/ExAdClient/Grinding/customize.sqf

Hacking: https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd/blob/master/mpmissions/Exile.Altis/ExAdClient/Hacking/customize.sqf

Virtual Garage: https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd/blob/master/mpmissions/Exile.Altis/ExAdClient/VirtualGarage/customize.sqf

Since none of you know how to research something, now you can all see what config options we are likely to see. You're Welcome.

I DEMAND THIS TO BE STICKIED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2018 at 3:01 PM, BaroN said:

This isn't totally accurate... In vanilla exile thermal scanners just require the lock to have been used within the last 15 minutes to pick up the heat signature. Some servers have altered the timing though like we have it changed to 30 minutes. 

Actually that's not true. There is a way to use a Thermal Scanner regardless of whether anyone has used that lock in 15 minutes, 15 hours, or even 15 days. We figured out how to do it, and used it quite effectively to gain codes even when the owners haven't been online for days. I won't post how publicly (lest people start doing it against my locks), but if any Exile Dev wants to know how, send me a message and I'll be happy to explain how it's done. This works with default thermal scanner settings.

Edited by :]v[: Assassin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

Actually that's not true. There is a way to use a Thermal Scanner regardless of whether anyone has used that lock in 15 minutes, 15 hours, or even 15 days. We figured out how to do it, and used it quite effectively to gain codes even when the owners haven't been online for days. I won't post how publicly (lest people start doing it against my locks), but if any Exile Dev wants to know how, send me a message and I'll be happy to explain how it's done. This works with default thermal scanner settings.

I'm in the exile support team and would like to know. So, can you pm me or, hit me up on the exile discord please. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, :]v[: Assassin said:

Sent you a PM.

Thanks again. A fix will be posted soon for this which server owners can choose whether they want to apply until it's included in the next version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BaroN said:

Thanks again. A fix will be posted soon for this which server owners can choose whether they want to apply until it's included in the next version.

I think that's my cue..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.