Sign in to follow this  
Chainsaw Squirrel

Base Doors wont open and gear cant access at bases

Question

I've had many reports from users can't open base doors, or windows.. can see items in storage container.. can't remove it .. only in territory .. I'm sick to death of the whining about the issue .. 
Don't know if it's related to EBM, Exile, the Lythium Map .. but its all started post 1.78 and each patch seems to get worse .. its random .. one restart it works.. the next I'm back to the issue .. don't know if its a client side or server side problem
This is a 32bit server too by the way

4 answers to this question

@Chainsaw Squirrel Upgrade your database to 64bit fixed the problems for me. Also take care when you are editing the exile.ini. When adding Virtual Garage, some of the same commands are already apart of the new exile.ini. Make sure you remove any duplicate commands.

https://github.com/BrettNordin/Exile

Here is my exile.ini, make sure you remove the PTWS if you don't use it. Also this now goes into the sql_custom folder located under @ExileServer. Also use extDB3-1031 since the latest version does not include all of the .dll's needed. Lastly, make sure you DON'T use the NoDynamicSimsEdit.

Edited by Super Jerome

Yea .. Im gonna not do that lol.. Id rather just remove my custom edits and too many things I run dont work with 64 . Id rather just listen to the bitchin or close the server and rebuild at 1.04 LOL 
EBM could be part of the problem.. too many simulated objects maybe 
If  I remove EBM will piss off everyone .. might as well say F it if thats the case

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

Advertisement

@Chainsaw Squirrel I forgot to mention when editing your Exile.Lythium double check the new ExileCustomCode to ensure you are not overwriting the same function multiple times. 

For instance, I use a loadout script that overwrites "ExileServer_object_player_createBambi". The custom code provided also overwrites this same function. I simply comment out the new "ExileServer_object_player_createBambi" and run my custom script. I have not encountered any issues yet when doing this.

Almost forgot, DO NOT delete your XM8.dll. I know it says to do so.

Edited by Super Jerome

2 hours ago, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

Yea .. Im gonna not do that lol.. Id rather just remove my custom edits and too many things I run dont work with 64 . Id rather just listen to the bitchin or close the server and rebuild at 1.04 LOL 
EBM could be part of the problem.. too many simulated objects maybe 
If  I remove EBM will piss off everyone .. might as well say F it if thats the case

Oh, well......that's your choice. Just wanted to provide you with my solution to the problem.

Edited by Super Jerome

Advertisement