Sign in to follow this  
Bob_the_K

Successfull attempt to execute serverCommand '#exec clearbans' by server - not enabled by me!

3 posts in this topic

So I've been running several servers for awhile with no issues. All of a sudden today, I'm seeing this message in my console window every time my server restarts:

Spoiler

Successfull attempt to execute serverCommand '#exec clearbans' by server.

I'm running Infistar v88 on Exile and have been running that version almost since the day it came out.  I haven't made any changes to my server at all over the last few weeks.  Just to see what happens, I copied the list of bans from Infistar into the ban.txt file at the server root level.  On next restart it cleared out the file.  I've never seen this before and am concerned that someone may have gotten something on my system to remove bans although I cannot find anything by going through all my logs and recently changed files.  Any ideas?

It is related to infistar - my guess they did some changes on their end, now force executing that command :>

Edit:

From Discord:

it clears the ban.txt arma3 ban file where infiSTAR writes bans too, I had an issue last night where it banned a few people automatically for global ban even tho they weren't global banned. so I had to force clean the file in order to unban the poor fellows who got banned by the error. shouldn't do it anymore tho. :P

Edited by WURSTKETTE

*copy paste from discord*

infiSTAR-Yesterday at 11:57 PM

it clears the ban.txt arma3 ban file where infiSTAR writes bans too, I had an issue last night where it banned a few people automatically for global ban even tho they weren't global banned. so I had to force clean the file in order to unban the poor fellows who got banned by the error. shouldn't do it anymore tho. :P The "CHECK_BattlEye_GLOBALBANS" is only useful for those people who don't run BattlEye on the server. If you run it, don't enable that option :smiley:

TheOldMan-Yesterday at 11:58 PM

ok, thanks Chris.

January 15, 2018

Captain_Bigzy-Today at 12:04 AM

Cheers Chris for clearing that up, if "CHECK_BattlEye_GLOBALBANS" is enabled I assume it stops those with a BE Global ban from joining too?

infiSTAR-Today at 12:28 AM

would kick them on trying to join, yes

but if you run battleye, it does that anyways

NEW MESSAGES

TheOldMan-Today at 12:29 AM

We turn it OFF and he was able to join back on his server. Thanks Chris.

turned

Advertisement