SABoertjie

Exile Developer needed for Technical assistance and as Mentor!

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I know that there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of these post out there. But if I don't ask I will definitely not know if there is someone out there willing to help a complete noob....

We are a small community wanting to host our own exile server.

 

The intentions are;

1. Host and run the server for our community to enjoy.

2. Hopefully the serer will be so much fun to play on that we manage to grow our community with some new players joining.

3. I am willing to learn to hopefully be able to manage most aspects of the server myself.

 

The challenge is;

* I have no server setup experience and even thou I am following the fantastic guide that Super Jerome has put together, still manage to "break" things and cant get the server running the way we want to.

* I'm from the older generation... :) let me just say on the wrong side of 45... but I learn fast and is willing to do the job myself, a bit of assistance would just be awesome.

* We would love to run Exile Chernarus with all the bells and whistles...

 

What we have;

1. We have a hosted server with HostHavoc (full FTP access).

2. We also have our own TS3 server.

 

What do we need and what do we offer;

1. Expertise, Technical Advice, Mod Developer and a Mentor.

2. We can offer you lifetime friendship and VIP access to our server for as long as we are around.

 

If there is anyone that is willing to take on this "challenge" please PM me and we can have a chat!

If this was a total waste of your time my apologies!

Thanks

 

 

Edited by SABoertjie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have patience I would try it yourself. You certainly do not need to be a genius to do it. I'm living proof of that cause I'm only good one thing and that is my career trade. There are many guides out there for the addons etc etc etc. But start with getting a very basic exile server setup on your on home pc first. If it's just a few friends it might be possible to run off you pc depending on your hardware and internet.

 

Start there. Before adding any more addons just see if you can get the base simple Exile Mod up and running and go from there. Unfortunately I am still learning as well but I have tried to help a few people when I can and it can be a chore if you are completely fresh. You have listed quite a deal of mods but nothing that can't be done. Once you do it, screw up a few times you'll start to get the hang of it. But make an attempt to do it yourself at the very least. Otherwise you'll likely be able to find someone but you will have to open up the wallet more than likely. If you make the effort yourself, you will tend to find people to be more willing to help when you get stuck later on. Make sure to check out the discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
On 1/29/2018 at 10:17 PM, jimmya3 said:

If you have patience I would try it yourself. You certainly do not need to be a genius to do it. I'm living proof of that cause I'm only good one thing and that is my career trade. There are many guides out there for the addons etc etc etc. But start with getting a very basic exile server setup on your on home pc first. If it's just a few friends it might be possible to run off you pc depending on your hardware and internet.

 

Start there. Before adding any more addons just see if you can get the base simple Exile Mod up and running and go from there. Unfortunately I am still learning as well but I have tried to help a few people when I can and it can be a chore if you are completely fresh. You have listed quite a deal of mods but nothing that can't be done. Once you do it, screw up a few times you'll start to get the hang of it. But make an attempt to do it yourself at the very least. Otherwise you'll likely be able to find someone but you will have to open up the wallet more than likely. If you make the effort yourself, you will tend to find people to be more willing to help when you get stuck later on. Make sure to check out the discord.

Thanks Jimmy

I have actually just done that. Got the server up and running with a few mods added :)

Finding a nicely setup mission file for Chernarus (or Chernarus Redux) is now my challenge. A lot of people in this community is helpful and willing to share experience, I'm learning as well and will soon be OK to do most things without getting stuck!

Thanks for the advice!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

With Chernarus Redux you going to find it quite more involved. But try a regular Chernarus or Chernarus Isles first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've successfully got a Chernarus Redux server running but it's not totally set up the way I want it yet.   One note of caution or advice... most of the mission files posted on the forum are version 12 and many don't have traders.   If you bring up the version 12 mission file in 3Den, it'll convert it to version 53 and ball it all up so that it probably won't work properly any more.    I had to learn a lot about how the classes and IDs were structured, numbered, and incremented to get it fully converted and operational on version 53.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I played thousands of hours on Cherno in ARMA 2. But I'll be damned if I've done anything in Cherno for ARMA 3.  So any help or advice I could give would be from setting up servers for other maps. And I mostly do map content type stuff in the forums. Feel free to ask me stuff if you get stuck on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2018 at 3:51 PM, Bob_the_K said:

I've successfully got a Chernarus Redux server running but it's not totally set up the way I want it yet.   One note of caution or advice... most of the mission files posted on the forum are version 12 and many don't have traders.   If you bring up the version 12 mission file in 3Den, it'll convert it to version 53 and ball it all up so that it probably won't work properly any more.    I had to learn a lot about how the classes and IDs were structured, numbered, and incremented to get it fully converted and operational on version 53.

Thanks Bob, I still have a long way to go... Rome was not build in one day :P Thank you for the advise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Redbeard_Actual said:

Man, I played thousands of hours on Cherno in ARMA 2. But I'll be damned if I've done anything in Cherno for ARMA 3.  So any help or advice I could give would be from setting up servers for other maps. And I mostly do map content type stuff in the forums. Feel free to ask me stuff if you get stuck on anything.

I have managed to get Malden running and slowly getting the hang of the mods. I tried to get chero.redux running but no surprise, i broke it and have to start all over again :)  Ive put Malden back on to play and have some fun, will try Redux again when I am brave enough lol..

Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I need some help :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SABoertjie said:

I have managed to get Malden running and slowly getting the hang of the mods. I tried to get chero.redux running but no surprise, i broke it and have to start all over again :)  Ive put Malden back on to play and have some fun, will try Redux again when I am brave enough lol..

Thanks for the offer, I will take you up on it if I need some help :)

I have been working on some Malden stuff as well. Alas I have no server to test on. So I have to wait until spring business picks up and I have the cash set aside for server rent.

Mostly map stuff and some Malden Specific DMS Missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are plenty of post in the forums on how to custom your missio, you just need to look though the forums.

If you get someone to help thats ok but then it puts pressure on that person as you wouldnt be happy in what they did to get a working server.

So if i was you, look though the forums and build it yourself to how you want it.

Things you need to build a server

  1. Time
  2.  Lots of time
  3. Coffee or tea, and maybe beers
  4. Knowledge on some scripting
  5. Patience
  6. And know how to read 
  7. And using the editor for trader building

If you have any or all of these you are sweet to go.

Goodluck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.