Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Flag placment Issues

7 posts in this topic

This may answer a previous post.

I discovered an issue tonight that can cause the above posts issues. A player placed a flag and then had issues placing a lock on a door. Would report "not your territory" well, turned out he placed his flag on the 3rd floor of a castle and the door was on the first floor.. too far away as it would seem the territory radius is spherical instead of cylindrical. (I hope you followed that line of reasoning) When i checked the database the door in question had null for a territory id... to test, we created a door on the same floor and all worked well. So here comes the million dollar question. How do we

A) make construction only be limited by radius not height regardless of height of flag. or
B) how to code a limit on flag placement to insure it is at ground level. (and ideally, not to deep to prevent stealing?)

Thank you kindly.

Advertisement

afaik, this issue will be fixed with Exile 1.0.4

It's a rare case, building on carriers for example has the same effect due to system taking the ground of the see as reference point for building.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

7 hours ago, WURSTKETTE said:

afaik, this issue will be fixed with Exile 1.0.4

It's a rare case, building on carriers for example has the same effect due to system taking the ground of the see as reference point for building.

Ok, till then...

26 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

How am I bitter?

Not at me.. But from our previous conversations,  you came off as very bitter/salty/displeased/aloof whatever (not to be gotten into here). And when you volunteered a solution to my issue, instead of offering a real solution of which knowing your coding abilities you are very capable of. You suggest the most obvious yet unproductive answer you can.. Well of course the player could just upgrade his territory to expand down to the ground.. But that's not what I'm after. I would like a solution that does not require the player to make changes.. I would like a solution that's server wide.

• Like 1

Advertisement