wilderness

CfgInteractionModels issue

Question

Hi all I'm after some help or input, I've been banging my head on the desk for a while now and just can't work this out.

Basically we have brought the microwave oven into game via a mod, set up the CfgInteractionModels as below:

class CfgInteractionModels
{

//================================================
 class WMMicrowave 
 {
  name = "Microwave Oven";
  models[] =
  {
   "Microwave_01_F.p3d" //Microwave
   //"Microwave_01_F"
   //"Land_Microwave_01_F"
  };
 };

//================================================
 class WaterSource
 {
  name = "Water tanks, barrels, coolers or pumps";
  models[] =  
  {
   "barrelwater_f",

I have tried all manor of variations of the microwave as a model, but had it working perfectly before the last Arma 3 update using "Microwave_01_F.p3d";

our recipe is as follows:

class CookSheepSteakMicro: Exile_AbstractCraftingRecipe
{
 name = "Microwave Sheep Steak";
 pictureItem = "Exile_Item_SheepSteak_Cooked";
 requiredInteractionModelGroup = "WMMicrowave";
 returnedItems[] =
 {
  {1, "Exile_Item_SheepSteak_Cooked"}
 };
 tools[] =
 {
  "Exile_Item_CookingPot"
 };
 components[] =
 {
  {1, "Exile_Item_SheepSteak_Raw"}
 };
};

Like I said this worked perfectly before the last arma 3 update, then it just stopped, nothing in the logs at all, the same issue seems to be effecting the CDAH workshop mod as well because some players are saying that they cannot craft the fuel container because it doesn't detect the fuel truck (again a CfgInteractionModel), but again was all working fine before the last arma 3 update.

I've gone as far as building a vanilla exile test server with nothing else running except for exile, infistar and the mod to get the microwave into game, nothing else is running on the said test server, no scripts, nothing, and I still cannot get the recipe to recognize the microwave as an interaction model.

Did the Arma 3 update break the CfgInteractionModels system or did bohemia change something that stopped it working with certain models?

I have also read about similar issue in the extended base thread:

could someone shed some light on what's going on here please or suggestions for a work around because I've been trying to fix this since the last Arma 3 update and am at a total loss.

this is something that's really simple to set up and I've done it a tonne of times so am stumped as to why it suddenly doesn't work.

many thanks

cheers

5 answers to this question

Seems like a simulation issue to me.

Last Arma patch did something to simulation, but I cannot recall what. 

Have you tried placing one of these items in the editor and seeing if it is intractable then?

Have you tried placing one of these items in the editor and seeing if it is intractable then?

No I haven't done that, how do I find out if it can be interacted with in the editor? do I have to run some code or just play the scenario?

Last Arma patch did something to simulation

That would make sense because that's when it all went belly up.

Advertisement
11 minutes ago, wilderness said:

No I haven't done that, how do I find out if it can be interacted with in the editor? do I have to run some code or just play the scenario?

That would make sense because that's when it all went belly up.

Place the item with the editor and add it to your Initplayerlocal.sqf (Using the Exile 3den plugin).

This will put it in game on the live server. It's how I would test it.

You can also double click the item in the editor and see if simulation is checked.

Hope this helps.

so is it possible that it needs the:

exile requires simulation=1 line in the mod I wonder

thanks for you input I will have a look in the editor, but I'm pretty sure the microwave is a simple object, maybe wrong though.

Ok tried everything that I can think of with this (even taking infistar off the server on the off chance) so the server is pretty much vanilla apart from the recipe, interaction model and the mod pulling the microwave into game, and I still can't get it to work, god only knows what they did on that last Arma3 update (that's when it broke for us) but as it stands at the moment its a no go :(

if anyone else has any ideas of suggestions it would be appreciated

cheers

Advertisement