Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Custom load script server side.

3 posts in this topic

Ok , Im using the following technique but needed / wanted to expand upon it.  What i was wanting to do, is instead of adding all content to one single sqf file, I want to break it down into several sqf files such as map_airtrader.sqf, map_specopstrader.sqf, map_island.sqf.. etc etc..  that way I can easily turn on and off items or replace them.. My first challange was to group the items already called into geographic groups. Then split them.. so, in my indicidual sqf files they each call a private _object for full items, and a private _simpleobjects for simple items. then in the init.sqf, i just call each one with its own []exevm etc... so far so good, however one file throws an error in the rpt file which indicates a syntax error calling for a 3 part array, but only getting 2? which each line looks like this.. "nameofitem", [xx,yy,zz],[xx,yy,zz], [xx,yy,zz], true],  so 4 elements, 3 of which are 3 elements each.. Only one file triggered this error didn't notice any errors from the others. But they are all structured the same.. I know, i know? could be as simple as a missing coma? well I download a SQF syntax checker. No errors reported? So whats next to check?

48 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

Ok , Im using the following technique but needed / wanted to expand upon it.  What i was wanting to do, is instead of adding all content to one single sqf file, I want to break it down into several sqf files such as map_airtrader.sqf, map_specopstrader.sqf, map_island.sqf.. etc etc..  that way I can easily turn on and off items or replace them.. My first challange was to group the items already called into geographic groups. Then split them.. so, in my indicidual sqf files they each call a private _object for full items, and a private _simpleobjects for simple items. then in the init.sqf, i just call each one with its own []exevm etc... so far so good, however one file throws an error in the rpt file which indicates a syntax error calling for a 3 part array, but only getting 2? which each line looks like this.. "nameofitem", [xx,yy,zz],[xx,yy,zz], [xx,yy,zz], true],  so 4 elements, 3 of which are 3 elements each.. Only one file triggered this error didn't notice any errors from the others. But they are all structured the same.. I know, i know? could be as simple as a missing coma? well I download a SQF syntax checker. No errors reported? So whats next to check?

Can't really help if you don't provide us code to work with :P

19 minutes ago, StokesMagee said:

Can't really help if you don't provide us code to work with :P

I actually think I found it.. During my parsing and sorting and whatnot.. I had to do some text replacements and discovered that a hand full of simple objects had spaces in the names? which is odd. but they were supposed to be there and some how a coma had been added. which threw off the array structure.

Advertisement