Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Insure and item gets deleted?

4 posts in this topic

Is there a syntax for if I wanted to delete an item and insure that it actually gets deleted? specifically a body... I know exile has a hide body function but can this function be called within another script, if the deletevehicle function wouldn't do?

while {_this select 0} do
{
	deleteVehicle (_this select 0);
};

Edited by geekm0nkey

54 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

Is there a syntax for if I wanted to delete an item and insure that it actually gets deleted? specifically a body... I know exile has a hide body function but can this function be called within another script, if the deletevehicle function wouldn't do?

while {_this select 0} do
{
	deleteVehicle (_this select 0);
};

object != bool 

hideBody _body; // Hide the body, and delete it, can be called anywhere.

or

_body call ExileServer_system_garbageCollector_deleteObject; // Delete the body, can only be called from the server.

If you delete something, it gets deleted. there is no chance of it not getting deleted.

Edited by StokesMagee

Advertisement
7 hours ago, StokesMagee said:

If you delete something, it gets deleted. there is no chance of it not getting deleted.

Thanks for the suggestion.. however the above statement is not exactly true...  From Bohemia..

A deleted player unit will stay visible until that player has disconnected.

Also

If a dead unit is human player, the body is hidden but not deleted until player respawns.

How this become relevant, is I am issuing a reward based upon an action performed on a dead player (heads out of the gutter sickos) and I need to put into place a check or condition that would prevent abuse, such as claiming reward twice, or by multiple players. I will try the hide body function... If it doesn't work, could i use the same technique that the waste trader uses? Move the player body to a off map location? just before calling the hideBody code?

2 hours ago, geekm0nkey said:

Thanks for the suggestion.. however the above statement is not exactly true...  From Bohemia..

A deleted player unit will stay visible until that player has disconnected.

Also

If a dead unit is human player, the body is hidden but not deleted until player respawns.

How this become relevant, is I am issuing a reward based upon an action performed on a dead player (heads out of the gutter sickos) and I need to put into place a check or condition that would prevent abuse, such as claiming reward twice, or by multiple players. I will try the hide body function... If it doesn't work, could i use the same technique that the waste trader uses? Move the player body to a off map location? just before calling the hideBody code?

// Can use this and let Exile clean it up
if (!_body getVariable ["RewardClaimed", false]) then // Check if the variable exists, it don't so it returns false
{
    // it's not been claimed 
	_body setVariable ["RewardClaimed", true]; // Set the variable to true, so the above statement is false
}
else
{
	// The reward has already been claimed..
}

// Or you can use this and clean it up yourself, and if a player is still controlling it, then let Exile clean it up.
if (_body getVariable ["RewardClaimed", false]) exitWith 
{
  // reward has been claimed 
};

// You can add the rewards here

deleteVehicle _body;
if (!isNull _body) then
{
	// Body has not been deleted, due to a player still using "controlling" it
	_body setVariable ["RewardClaimed", true]; // Set the variable so it can't be claimed twice.
};

Use this on the server

Edited by StokesMagee
  • Like 1

Advertisement