WolfkillArcadia

Exile 1.0.4 Bugs Megathread !! READ THE RULES!!

178 posts in this topic

The original file is in @ExileServer\addons\exile_server.pbo\code\ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_retrieveVehicleRequest.sqf. But if you unpbo, edit the original and repbo, your default Exile server MP key will not work anymore so...

You can override a server or client file by saving the complete edited file version in your :

Exile_mission_folder\Overrides\ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_retrieveVehicleRequest.sqf

and add to your description.ext file in Exile mission folder:

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{

ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_retrieveVehicleRequest = "Overrides\ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_retrieveVehicleRequest.sqf";

};

or

add to your description.ext file in mission root folder

// If you don't have any CfgExileCustommCode entries in description.ext yet
#include "CfgExileCustomCode.cpp"

and create a new file CfgExileCustomCode.cpp in your mission folder and add the following lines to it

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{

ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_retrieveVehicleRequest = "Overrides\ExileServer_object_vehicle_network_retrieveVehicleRequest.sqf";

};

2 hours ago, Xe-Cute said:

But if you unpbo, edit the original and repbo, your default Exile server MP key will not work anymore so...

Server addons don't have keys so editing files there is absolutely fine.

Advertisement

Oso :) Good to know @kuplion thanks. I took the keyfile for granted and didn't check sorry...

So if the original Exile server is edited - it is edited for all mission files and maps making use of the same Exile server pbo. So I guess it makes sense that it is an Exile server override that you want for all maps/missions using the same Exile server pbo it is better to change the Exile server pbo, and if it is a mission/map specific override it is better to use the description.ext or #include the CfgExileCustomCode.cpp override file.

So I made this network request fix and I still got the same error on storing the vehicle then i couldn't retrieve the vehicle at all.  My question is that if you're checking the territory ID and all my DB entries say "NULL", won't that throw an error?  Shouldn't this be adding the territory ID upon purchasing/obtaining the vehicle?

Regardless, this fix didn't work for me, more errors (can't retrieve vehicle).. Reverted back to the original.  Any news on this fix?

12 hours ago, chaveezy said:

So I made this network request fix and I still got the same error on storing the vehicle then i couldn't retrieve the vehicle at all.  My question is that if you're checking the territory ID and all my DB entries say "NULL", won't that throw an error?  Shouldn't this be adding the territory ID upon purchasing/obtaining the vehicle?

Regardless, this fix didn't work for me, more errors (can't retrieve vehicle).. Reverted back to the original.  Any news on this fix?

It adds a territory ID when that vehicle is stored in a territory.

Did anyone ever figure out a fix for this undefined variable in expression on line 31 of ExileClient_util_string_trim.sqf?  This happens on store only, vehicle stores okay, just trying to clean up errors.

/**
 * ExileClient_util_string_trim
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

private["_input", "_inputLetters", "_inputLength", "_leftStartPosition", "_rightEndPosition", "_output", "_whitespaceCharacters", "_i", "_letter"];
_input = _this;
_inputLetters = toArray _input; 
_inputLength = count _inputLetters;
_leftStartPosition = 0;
_rightEndPosition = _inputLength;
_output = "";
_whitespaceCharacters = [9, 10, 13, 32]; 
for "_i" from 0 to _inputLength do
{
	_letter = _inputLetters select _i;
	if !(_letter in _whitespaceCharacters) exitWith
	{
		_leftStartPosition = _i;
	};
};
for "_i" from _inputLength to 0 step -1 do
{
	{
		_rightEndPosition = _i + 1;
	};
};
if (_leftStartPosition > 0 || _rightEndPosition < _inputLength) then
{
	_output = toString (_inputLetters select [_leftStartPosition, _rightEndPosition - _leftStartPosition]);
}
else 
{
	_output = _input;
};
_output

ExileClient_util_string_trim.png

5 hours ago, chaveezy said:

Did anyone ever figure out a fix for this undefined variable in expression on line 31 of ExileClient_util_string_trim.sqf?  This happens on store only, vehicle stores okay, just trying to clean up errors.

relatively sure this is already posted here somewhere but, here's the working version of the file:

/**
 * ExileClient_util_string_trim
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

private["_input", "_inputLetters", "_inputLength", "_leftStartPosition", "_rightEndPosition", "_output", "_whitespaceCharacters", "_i", "_letter"];
_input = _this;
_inputLetters = toArray _input; 
_inputLength = count _inputLetters;
_leftStartPosition = 0;
_rightEndPosition = _inputLength;
_output = "";
_whitespaceCharacters = [9, 10, 13, 32]; // TAB, CR, LF, SPACE

// Find first position of non-whitespace from the beginning
for [{_i=0}, {_i<_inputLength}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
    {
        _leftStartPosition = _i;
    };
};

// Find last position of non-whitespace at the end
for [{_i=_inputLength-1}, {_i>=0}, {_i=_i-1}] do
{
    {
        _rightEndPosition = _i + 1;
    };
};

if (_leftStartPosition > 0 || _rightEndPosition < _inputLength) then
{
    _output = toString (_inputLetters select [_leftStartPosition, _rightEndPosition - _leftStartPosition]);
}
else 
{
    _output = _input;
};

_output

• Like 1

Outstanding!!  Thank you so much @BaroN , I looked through the content and didn't see this one, just some fixes that Alexis put in.  This solved it!

Advertisement