Sign in to follow this  
Baruko.

Low server FPS

Question

Hi,

I've searched a lot about fixing the Server FPS, but I didn't manage to get this problem off of the server. Im running a Altis Life server (I know this forum is based on Exile, but I dont know where I can get some help if not here) and as soon as the server gets more than 31 Players, the Server FPS are going to max. 40. Now we got 63 Players and we have like 11-13 server FPS. We tried different servers by now, and the problem isn't really the server. We are using a Linux server, running the latest Performance Build by Dwarden. The Specs are:

Intel Core i7-7700K, 4 Cores, 8 Threads

2600 DDR4 Ram

SSD Raid 120GB.

We also got a HeadlessClient, which takes care of the Database, which means, that our main server only concentrates on the players.

If I didn't get you enough Informations about the problem, please write what you want to know. Thanks.

Edited by Baruko.

4 answers to this question

Doesnt really sound like a server FPS issue. I assume you did set a MaxPing in config.cfg (or whatever it's called, link to wiki here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg )

If 1 player has a connection of a snail it can completely crash your server. In my case, when I didn't set a max ping and there was 1 bad player everyone would desync until half of the server got kicked for Client not responding. Maybe same root cause here?

I think it's pretty normal that with 60 players your server FPS drops to around 10.
Amount of objects/constructions/items is most of the times the key and the amount of crp you run on your server ;)

• Like 1

Advertisement
23 minutes ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I think it's pretty normal that with 60 players your server FPS drops to around 10.
Amount of objects/constructions/items is most of the times the key and the amount of crp you run on your server ;)

But the problem is, every player got like a 400-1500 Ping. If you shoot with a MK200, you can hear the lag and also when you drive a car, other cars are lagging.

Edited by Baruko.

Oh I think I forgot to click om 'Submit Reply'. So sorry for late reply.

Anyway, did you set MaxPing? In server.cfg (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg)
If 1 player has a connection of a snail, it can completely ruin your server, like you describe above. 

In my case 1 player had a rly bad connection and everyone would desync really, really hard to the point where half of the server gets kicked for 'Client not responding'. 

Advertisement