TDBGaming

Exile escape mission rotation

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to get Exile Escape to rotate missions when one has finished so that I can have both Tanoa and Altis (and others at a later date) running on the one server and not have to put up a second server.

Getting the missions to rotate is not an issue, they rotate fine and load but when loading you are stuck in the ground. Checking the RPT log shows its an issue with extDB2 already being setup and locked.

"ExileServer - extDB2: Error extDB2 is already setup & locked !!!"

What would I need to edit it fix this?

I am no coder so if someone knows the answer, please post details in full.

thanks.

Hello TDBGaming,

I am not saying that you will find your answer THIS time, but it is something always do.  When you have an issue like what you mention, always check:

#1 - ARMA's RPT file

#2 - SQL Log file

A lot of people forget about #2, but they do check #1.

Take a look at the SQL log file and it might point you in the right direction.

In this case, it makes me think you have 1 account name and two programs using it.  It is like you giving out your NetFlix account info to a friend, but only one of you can use it at a time.  The last person who tries to log into NetFlix gets an error message.

Make sure you have a separate DB for each map and a different account for each map.

As an example:

Map DB Name:  Altis-DB  -  User Name:  Altis-User

Map DB Name:  Tanoa-DB  -  User Name:  Tanoa-User

By doing it this way, nobody 'steps' on anybody's 'toes'.  Everything is separate and nothing is shared.  Thus any type of 'file lock' is impossible.  This will also help if one map 'goes bad' on you.  If the map Altis 'blows up' on you, ONLY the Altis map's DB gets hit, not ENTIRE DB.  This adds a 'safety net' to things.  So if you had a poorly written mod and it trashed players stats, it would only affect that map and not any other.

Make sure you have given each account the proper 'rights' to the DB as well!

Good luck!

:)

Advertisement

Thanks for your reply.

It's the same server and the only one that's connecting. I am trying to get exile escape to rotate missions and it looks like I need to get it to unlock the database before it rotates to the next mission but I'm not sure how to.

Can I ask how you got them to rotate? also how did you get tanoa to work? i have altis working on vanilla, but the tanoa map doesnt work its missing the player count and time counter in top left and round never starts.

I never got it fully working as couldn't work out the database connection side. I will have another look at it again sometime.

I am not sure if this is all the files needed to be changed to get the server to cycle rather than shutdown but these are the 2 files I edited.

ExileServer_system_escape_playerCountCheck.sqf
Replace

"#shutdown" call ExileServer_system_rcon_event_sendCommand;

with

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

ExileServer_system_escape_winning.sqf
replace

"#shutdown" call ExileServer_system_rcon_event_sendCommand;

with

"end1" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

ExileServer_system_escape_initialize.sqf also has a #shutdown but its to do with inactivity so I didn't change that one.

To fix Tanoa, you need to edit the description.ext file and change gameType from "LastMan" to "Escape"

Advertisement