Super Jerome

ExAd v1.0.4

325 posts in this topic

Can somebody help me? I try to add a button to display a mozzie, I think I have everything right but when I start the server and open the xm8 I do not see any additional buttons to those that I had before.

Edited by gamarro

Hello, I have installed 2 times rather than an Exad. I still have this error that comes back. ExAdClient \ Core \ Functions \ System \ fn_debugHandler.sqf not found. I try to find but I find no link to file. Thank you for your help.

Advertisement
7 hours ago, HexicGaming said:

has anyone fiddled with the deploy quad script to increase the distance from the player that it spawns at

unpack exad_dv
@ExileServer >> addons >> exad_dv
Open the functions folder and edit fn_spawnDeployableVehicle.sqf
Line 23

_spawnPos = _player modelToWorld [0,2,0];

the number 2 is the distance from the player, just change it to 4 and you won't have anymore issues.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 2:39 AM, Chernaruski said:

I was trying to get the new updated , allegedly compatible,  with exile 1.0.4  version to run and my server is got stuck in a restart loop after exad_core and exad_dv was uploaded... I've triple-checked, everything seems to be in order.  Anyone dealt with something similar? It seems RPT spits errors about ExAd right before it loop-restart..maybe I got some corrupted/old pbo's ? I downloaded everything from the first post and followed each step in the instruction thoroughly. 

8:38:35 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/ExAd_Core.units'.
 8:38:35 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/ExAd_DV.units'.
 8:38:35 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/ExAd_VG.units'.

Exile.ini
description.ext
Config.cpp (the relevant part)
Full RPT

I'm getting this.

So I ran EXAD when it first came out years ago, then rebuilt my server for 1.04 and didn't put it back.  So I'm re-installing it based on this thread.  The only thing I can't figure out is how to have the EXAD server rules show up in place of the original button (the gear)  on the main page instead of a new server rules button (the book) under "more".   I cannot find the lines of code to comment out so as to only have one server rules button (the EXAD version).   Any info on how to do that?

So I then installed  voyagerCompass.     I backed up to the version that didn't have voyagerCompass, and went through everything with a fine tooth comb.   In my client .RPT, I  now still get this error:

Spoiler

21:05:50 Error in expression <scControlsGroup", _idc, _parent];
_ctrl ctrlSetPosition _position;
_ctrl ctrlCom>
21:05:50   Error position: <ctrlSetPosition _position;
_ctrl ctrlCom>
21:05:50   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
21:05:50 File ExAdClient\XM8\Functions\fn_createCtrlGrp.sqf [ExAd_fnc_createCtrlGrp], line 4
21:05:51 "ExileClient - Job with handle 10014 added."
21:06:24 EPE manager release (0|119|0)

The only things I'm using are the status bar itself, unit scanner, base locator, and server info.  All else is left out, including the exile.ini changes. 

There's not much to fn_createCtrlGrp.sqf so I don't know what I missed.  This only started once I added voyagerCompass to EXAD based on the posts toward the beginning of this thread.

The voyagerCompass basically works when I click the XM8 icon.  It turns the compass on and immediately goes back to the XM8 screen. I get no configuration screen.  If I click the icon again, it just bounces me back to the XM8 screen again.  No toggling on or off.  The compass stays on all the time now. 

Another nice-to-have - has anyone figured out how to only be able to activate the voyagerCompass if the player is equipped with a compass?

Edited by Bob_the_K

Just to clean it up and reset... seems I get this message any time i hit the 6 key to open the XM8:

Spoiler

8:11:18 Error in expression <scControlsGroup", _idc, _parent];
_ctrl ctrlSetPosition _position;
_ctrl ctrlCom>
 8:11:18   Error position: <ctrlSetPosition _position;
_ctrl ctrlCom>
 8:11:18   Error Type Number,Not a Number, expected Number
 8:11:18 File ExAdClient\XM8\Functions\fn_createCtrlGrp.sqf [ExAd_fnc_createCtrlGrp], line 4
 8:11:18 "ExileClient - Job with handle 10017 added."

I do have it set to automatically have the XM8 turned on when a player joins the game. But I've had that for a long time prior, without errors.  I found another post (on page 61) that indicates it may be a mixup between Exile-deprecated functions and EXAD functions and that the EXAD functions should be replaced with the newest Exile functions where available.  I'm still trying to figure it out.

Advertisement