Sgt Smash

Looking for a pve Dev

11 posts in this topic

Hi i'm posting on behalf of a rl friend

We are in need of some help from a experienced pve server Dev to help setup and maybe teach us a thing or two

Only main requirement is having experience working with A3XAi and adding CUP mods

We don't want nothing to crazy, we just want to have a server we know ain't gonna get shut down after a couple of weeks of playing it lol (Long term home and a go to server for friends and others)

Thanks to anyone kind enough to read this:)

I didn't even know A3XAI was still out there. 

If I was you I would use Occupation as it runs off DMS and is very easy set up. 

Advertisement
4 hours ago, kidesh said:

I didn't even know A3XAI was still out there. 

If I was you I would use Occupation as it runs off DMS and is very easy set up. 

I still use A3XAI because I had issues with Occupation messing with my database.

• Like 1

I also use A3XAI for roaming AI because I run a map that Occupation just doesn't like (Isla Abramia). A3XAI seems to use less server resources and the AI behaviour is superior in my experience too.

Full disclosure; I do use Occupation on the server (and therefore it's kept up-to-date) but just not for roaming AI.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super Jerome said:

I still use A3XAI because I had issues with Occupation messing with my database.

What problems did you have as I have it on mine and would like to check this out incase I have them. 

Can we not have this discussion on a thread purely about finding a dev!

plz finish your discussion about that topic here

There you will also see my thoughts on the topic, Occupation ai just ain't cut out for a PVE server experience they are not smart enough!

Edited by Sgt Smash

1 hour ago, Super Jerome said:

@Sgt Smash I am willing to help teach you, but first check out my guides.

Cool, thanks for the reply, i will let my friend know, he's at work atm, but let you know once i find out what he saying. thank you for your time:)

Edited by Sgt Smash

46 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Cool, thanks for the reply, i will let my friend know, he's at work atm, but let you know once i find out what he saying. thank you for your time:)

Also, I use VCOMAI for my PvE server and it's fucking awesome. I want to help, really I do, I just got screwed hard last time I made a server for someone. So if you guys make some attempt at doing and learning I can fill in your gaps.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Super Jerome said:

Also, I use VCOMAI for my PvE server and it's fucking awesome. I want to help, really I do, I just got screwed hard last time I made a server for someone. So if you guys make some attempt at doing and learning I can fill in your gaps.

VCOMAI sounds like a cool idea on a exile server, i've only ever had a chance to use it on hosted co-op missions and does seem to improve the ai's behaviour.

Yeah sweet dude, we are willing to learn so it makes this eaiser to change stuff on the fly and so on, we are noobs to this stuff and haven't even managed to get past battleye kicks yet lol So any help will be greatly appreciated. Be also nice to know what we were doing wrong so far.

Side note the server is hosted by GamingDeluxe i hope this ain't a problem?

Advertisement