Sign in to follow this  
geekm0nkey

Am I wrong?

7 posts in this topic

I have had a few players leave my server for the simple fact I have moved away from adding PVE elements to working more one PVP.. My intention with my server from day one has always been primarily PVP.. The PVE elements are there to give low pop players something to do.. I personally have no remorse for the loss of these players.. I feel that being the majority investor and maintainer of this server, It is my right to determine what is on it! Right or wrong?

35 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

I have had a few players leave my server for the simple fact I have moved away from adding PVE elements to working more one PVP.. My intention with my server from day one has always been primarily PVP.. The PVE elements are there to give low pop players something to do.. I personally have no remorse for the loss of these players.. I feel that being the majority investor and maintainer of this server, It is my right to determine what is on it! Right or wrong?

I hear you brother, but unfortunately the PvP aspects of ARMA 3 are competing with newer games such as PUBG. I painstakingly turned my PvP server to PvE when half my clan decided to play Escape from Tarkov and PUBG. 

At the end of the day, it is your server and if you feel like you want to lean more PvP then screw them and do it. That is why there is PvE servers. On the other hand you need to find a balance. You want people to play on your servers so suggestions from your player base should be considered. 

In the end people will always come back to ARMA. Our goal is to give them a quality server that they can enjoy.

Advertisement

Going to be philosophic, huwm?

giphy.gif

I hate terms like "right/wrong" regarding to decisions.

You made a decision for a reason, stick to it. 

On lowpop server, i prefer to have some PVE-Elements (keep players busy) until the server rise pop then i remove PVE-Elements time by time.

Edited by WURSTKETTE
  • Like 1

Well, I got pissed quite frankly, a player left with this message.

Yeah not a fan of forced pvp so this server will be deleted from my favs....bye

To which I replied to everyone! (cleaned up for the sake of the forum.)

@everyone please be aware of this fact.. I did not design the server as a p***y f******g PVE server.. The PVE elements are ONLY there to give you something to do between PVP sessions.. Granted there hasn't been a large enough population to fully support PVP play.. But this sever is built with the intention of being PVP.. If you object to my adding more elements to the server that are geared towards that style of game play.. There is the f*****g door.. Bye Falacia.. I don't have time for babies.

Simple fact is, player assumed i was "forcing" something I wasn't, I was adding more options.. In-fact I removed the PVP marker mod i created because i did feel it was forced... just can't please them all.. Not even going to try.

You didn't forced PVE players but you did gave PVP players an option, PVE players are not happy about and therefore force them to PVP too. 

Know what i mean?

I like the script and the coding behind it but i don't see an useful implementing but maybe i can't think outside the box.

EDIT:

I saw a lot of useful implementing but it was more directed to a special item the player carry, when doing a event.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

The method behind it was strictly PVP. used as a tool to hunt and strategize. Being as it only updates every 5 minutes, doesn't show exact location and goes away when you put up your weapon, could be used for and against other players. For instance.. If you think someone is stalking you.. Let the marker appear (it tells you now) then get out of the marker before the 5 minutes is up, and put up your weapon, search the perimeter for anyone looking in. trying to find you.. Not Ideal, but just one way it could be used.

30 minutes ago, WURSTKETTE said:

EDIT:

I saw a lot of useful implementing but it was more directed to a special item the player carry, when doing a event.

I had thought of adding a switch to turn it off and on, or like you said, only have it work when they have a particular item on them... hmmm.. Got a another great idea for a PVP mod.. Thanks... Lets make.. Smear the Queer (no offense to any one of that persuasion...) put a singular unique item on the server, have that player be marked.. Once killed someone instantly gets the marker and item and repeat..

Advertisement