sam87bo

VIEW DISTANCE

Question

Hey guys. just wondering how do i change my view distnace.. ive done it in infastar.. View is set to 2000 and terrain is set to 1800.. but it only seems to work to about 1100m ive turned FOG off and fog decay any help is gladly taken..

8 answers to this question

On 4/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, sam87bo said:

Hey guys. just wondering how do i change my view distnace.. ive done it in infastar.. View is set to 2000 and terrain is set to 1800.. but it only seems to work to about 1100m ive turned FOG off and fog decay any help is gladly taken..

tried ExAd view distance app?

Thats the only thing that worked for me + it is serverside (no client mod needed) + every player can adjust it according to his rig spec in xm8 apps (ppl with older pcs will want it lower, ppl with newer will want it higher, with this app every client can adjust view distance as he wish in xm8 apps, and you dont have to change server settings)

https://github.com/Bjanski/ExAd

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

Advertisement

Fog or haze is a completely natural phenomenon in nature and only very rarely does an unclouded far-sightedness prevail.

But whining about "adverse circumstances" seems to be a widespread phenomenon.

Rain, thunderstorms and/or darkness are for me an element of reality on a server and absolutely necessary.

Many players should try to spy a person in camouflage at a distance of 500 meters in real life, the result can be very funny.

Many seem to forget that their "opponents" are struggling with the same problems ....... so there's no reason to whine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

Exad is deprecated and is no longer officially supported pr developed.

But it still works, and due to a lack of a better solution, it does the job pretty well :)

At least from my perspective.

Edited by Brenner

2 hours ago, Falcon911 said:

Not on X64/ extDB3..

On my x64/ExtDb3 server view distance app works fine, but statsbar is a bit buggy if you try to change size/position (if you just add/remove statsbar items, and dont touch position/size and the rest, works fine) and virtual garage i managed to get to work, but after restart and adding extended base mod it just refuses to work, but I assume it is a database issue.

To sum everything, if you just want to use view distance app, and I assumed so from the topic title, it works :)

1 hour ago, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

https://infistar.de/eng/product/infistar-xm8apps

There's your better solution.

Agree, but for example im hosting my server on my home pc for few people, and it is more like a hobby (and I am still learning) than professional work, so you understand why I prefer free solutions at this point, right? :)

For some admins that are hosting "professionally" Infistar definitely is the best solution.

And I stand corrected, virtual garage works, it was broken due to my inability to read the instructions carefully :D

Advertisement